JOB OBJECTIVE: The Sales Development Specialist will implement training and assist with on-going evaluations of sales process, sales tools, and customer interactions. This individual will work with the Manager, Sales Development, by evolving strategies and improving systems that will result in enhanced customer support and strong relationships throughout the global organization. Train customer facing staff via in person, remote and asynchronous methods.
1. Develop and present sales trainings for a variety of audiences and programs (e.g. new sales staff trainings, product trainings, sales process trainings).
2. Lead regional sales trainings that may require certification in specific techniques, e.g. SPIN.
3. Work closely with sales teams and Manager, Sales Development to provide feedback to ensure sales training needs are being met. Proactively identify areas where managers could utilize coaching tools.
4. Understand the use of and provide training on current sales tools (e.g. CRM, Power BI) and sales techniques/processes, such as Miller Heiman and SPIN Selling.
5. Translate training concepts into practical and actionable sales activities.
6. Collaborate with Scientific Training, SBU’s and Manager, Sales Development to enable the sales staff with sales content and sales skills when positioning new products.
7. Demonstrate team skills by working cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
8. Flexible in handling change and able to respectfully navigate a diverse set of business and cultural needs.
9. Keep pace with sales and training trends and best practices. Bring new ideas to Sales Development team for consideration.
10. Understand and comply with ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
11. Incorporate Emotional and Social Intelligence principles into Promega’s sales processes.
1. Co-travel with sales field representatives. Coaching on training concepts during sales activities. Work with Manager, Sales Development to respond appropriately to requests from Branch Sales Managers.
2. Create, review, and maintain training solutions in the Promega Learning Management System.
3. Other duties as assigned.
1. BS or BA (MS, or Ph.D. preferred) degree in a life sciences related discipline.
2. 3 years sales or sales training experience.
3. Proven ability to develop, grow and maintain strong relationships.
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), e-mail and the use of the Internet.
5. Clear and effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
6. Has an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
7. Proven experience in working cooperatively in a team environment.
8. Ability to work independently and self-motivated.
1. Perform other duties as required.
2. Previous experience giving oral presentations, teaching, or training others.
3. Minimum 2 years previous experience with the Promega Field Sales organization.
1. Ability to use computers, tablets, and mobile devices for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to travel up to 30% of time, including internationally.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.