JOB OBJECTIVE: We are a unit of experts empowered to actively participate in solving problems with innovation and flexibility. Our main objective is to maintain supply of DNA identification products for Forensic Science laboratories. Scientists that are successful on our team are highly motivated, enjoy working collaboratively on complex problems, communicate effectively, and are able to navigate through ambiguous situations.
Please take some time to visit https://www.promega.com/responsibility to find out what makes Promega such a unique and dynamic place to work.
1. Manufacture a variety of components for the Genetic Identity STR, qPCR, and sequencing product lines to meet product specifications. Follow production schedules to assure on-time delivery of finished product. Perform assays to assure that products meet existing requirements for quality and functionality. When necessary, evaluate raw materials to assure they meet requirements for quality.
2. Design experiments to problem-solve existing manufacturing and QC processes and identify opportunities for assay improvement and efficiency.
3. Understand quality requirements and demonstrate good documentation practices. Consistently produce quality products and follow policies for data recording and record keeping.
4. Assist with writing, reviewing, and revising manufacturing and QC protocols for clarity, appropriate technical content, process improvements, scale-up and/or raw material changes as prescribed by Promega policies and procedures.
5. May assist on multidisciplinary product improvement and new product development teams by providing operational and technical support to meet team goals. Interact as needed with Marketing, QA and R&D personnel to identify customer requirements for new products and process improvements.
6. Understand and comply with ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Assist with and follow project plans and experimental design with assistance. Provide data or information to others in work area, and assist in implementation activities for own products.
2. Participate in production group meetings and projects.
1. A.D. or B.S. or M.S. degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology). Degree and years of experience as reflected in a proven record of accomplishment in the Essential Duties of this position are used to determine qualification for Production Scientist 2.
2. Experience with molecular biology, general microbiology or cell biology techniques.
3. Proven record of experimental design and problem solving in area of responsibility.
4. Proven record of organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to manage several projects and/or products or keep several assays going simultaneously. Ability to effectively work on many priorities at one time, which change frequently.
5. Proven ability to work as part of a team.
6. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, ERP systems, etc.
7. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret and communicate scientific results and to interact productively with scientists in the team.
1. Experience with PCR with a proven ability to follow contamination controls.
2. Experience as a Forensic or DNA Analyst.
3. Experience with nucleic acid purification and quantitation.
4. Experience or familiarity with ISO, TQM, SPC, or cGMP.
5. Experience with use of computers for collection and analysis of experimental data.
6. Experience in manufacturing, R&D, or Quality Assurance. Experience qualifying vendors and suppliers.
7. Experience with laboratory equipment related to amplification and capillary electrophoresis such as an AB7500, AB3500 and the Illumina MiSeq.
1. Ability to work at a laboratory bench or fume hood for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to work with hazardous materials (e.g. chemicals, radioactivity, electrical equipment) so as not to endanger oneself or others.
3. Ability to use computers in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
4. Ability to use standard laboratory protective equipment (e.g. goggles, lab coat, protective gloves).
5. Ability to lift 50 lb. occasionally.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.