JOB OBJECTIVE: The Sales Intern will assist the Massachusetts Territory Client Rep with day-to-day tasks including customer interactions, promotional activities, vendor show set up, sales reporting and data analysis and targeted marketing campaigns. The Sales Intern will work closely with the Client Rep to increase awareness and visibility of Promega in the Boston/Cambridge area. Possible assistance with an onsite freezer stocking program at a local Pharmaceutical Company (1-4 hours a week). This position will provide the intern with exposure to the business of biotechnology and enable the intern to learn about account management, the Promega product portfolio and the various types of associated research, navigating large commercial accounts, and the basics of selling principles.
1. Assist Client Rep in day to day activities such as sample follow-up, cross selling, new product discussions, technical follow up, quote generation and direct channel awareness.
2. Capture basic information from various labs such as product focus to expand the CRM database.
3. At the completion of the internship the intern should be familiar with account management, understand basic Promega products (genomics, proteomics & cellular analysis) and understand the fundamentals of CRM to obtain customer information.
4. Data analysis using Excel and other resources
5. Management of targeted marketing campaigns-focused on technology and areas of research focus
6. Assist with seminars and shows within the Massachusetts territory
-Assist with planning, including marketing material compilation and ordering, catering, on-site set-up, logistics
-Assist with show follow up, including emails internally to Technical Services, Strategic Business Units and R&D scientists and the subsequent responses to customer questions and requests, entering of leads into database, following up on any promotional activities, ordering and distribution of prizes
7. Assist with the on-site stocking of a Promega Freezer consignment program at a large Cambridge Pharmaceutical site (1-4 hours per week).
8. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Undergraduate or graduate student majoring in or strongly focused on science.
2. Interest in the business of biotech.
3. Interest in the basics of selling.
4. Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
5. Outstanding organizational skills.
6. Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
1. Prior exposure to a laboratory environment.
2. Prior exposure to sales situations.
3. Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
1. Ability to lift 25 pounds.
2. Ability to walk 2 miles during the course of an 8 hour work day.
3. Located in vicinity of Boston/Cambridge.
4. Must be available for a 12 week period during the summer.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.