JOB OBJECTIVE: Assist and support the Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) department by performing tasks that ensure a safe workplace and sustain Promega’s compliance with Local, State, and Federal environmental, health, and safety regulations.
1. Collect chemical, biological, and radiological waste from satellite accumulation areas in all facilities.
2. Properly identify, segregate, process, label and store chemical, biological, and radiological waste according to standard operating procedures and applicable regulations.
3. Schedule, organize and oversee the packaging, labeling, shipment and disposal of chemical, biological, and radiological waste at all facilities. Complete, track and file hazardous and non-hazardous waste manifests and other shipping papers for chemical, biological, and radioactive waste shipments from all facilities.
4. Receive, check-in and deliver radioisotopes to authorized Hot Laboratories.
5. Administer and implement Promega EHS Service Request Program.
6. Maintain inventory and inspect EHS equipment and supplies.
7. Member of Incident Investigation, Safety Inspection, and Emergency Response Teams.
8. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
9. Must possess excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and be able to work independently with little supervision.
10. Knowledge of common MS Office programs, experience using databases and entering technical data.
11. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Respond to emergency situations including but not limited to: chemical spills; release of radioactive materials; and injuries.
2. Participate in internal and external Environmental, Health, and Safety Audits.
3. Provide administrative support such as filing, data entry, & preparing summary and regulatory reports or permits.
4. Provide support and assist the EH&S team as required or assigned.
1. AA/BS in life sciences, chemistry, environmental, or related field.
2. 0-2 years of experience working with or around hazardous materials.
3. Experience and knowledge of a laboratory environment.
4. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
1. AA/BS in life sciences, chemistry or related field with a minimum of 4 years of experience working with hazardous materials.
2. Previous experience working in a laboratory setting.
3. Certification in one or more of the following: HAZWOPER, CHMM, Radiation Safety, UST, RCRA, DOT
1. Perform physical labor which is generally associated with hazardous materials and hazardous waste collection, storage, and disposal including the ability to lift 50 lbs, move 55 gallon drums, 275 gallon totes, and yard boxes. Includes the operation of a forklift.
2. Ability to wear a respirator and other PPE as required.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.