At Terso, we strive to be pioneers in RFID technology and provide the perfect inventory management solution for our customers. This requires an incredible team comprised of individuals whose talents are unmatched and who all aim to achieve astounding things. What we do is important, but who we are is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team as a Production Technician.
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Production Technician 1 is responsible for component, bulk product assembly and other duties as assigned.
1. Prepare and configure stock units for shipment
a. This task includes labeling units and placing customer components inside of the units
2. Perform routine assemblies on our bulk product line
a. This task includes assembling our “plug and play” products that require limited technical skills
3. Programming and calibrating microprocessors and computer controls used in finished goods
4. Performing routine testing of components and subassemblies
5. Packaging units and preparing them for shipment
6. Receiving and inspecting components into inventory from suppliers
7. Assisting with weekly cycle counts
8. Consistently completing all documentation and production orders in the ERP system to ensure high quality of information
9. Pulling components
10. General Duties as assigned:
1. Utilize various mechanical and electrical test equipment
2. Identifies improvements related to the product's mechanical and electrical features
3. Support product repair field support visits as necessary
4. Assist in Lean Manufacturing and other process improvement initiatives
5. Other duties as assigned
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Possesses a clean driver’s license on a background check
3. Ability to operate a 26’ box truck safely
4. Ability to drive for an 8-hour period, with the possibility of travel
5. Proficient with basic hand and power tools (e.g. soldering iron, DVM, torque drivers, crimpers, pin extractors)
6. Ability to learn quickly and demonstrated attention to detail
7. Problem solver and solution oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
8. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner
1. Two years of relevant experience in manufacturing electro / mechanical equipment
2. Associates degree in a technical discipline
3. Familiar with interpretation of drawings, procedures, specifications, etc.
4. Solid knowledge of equipment, systems and techniques appropriate to debugging mechanical and electrical systems
5. Experience with engineering methods (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Statistical Process Control, computer modeling, tolerance analysis, data analysis, experimental methods, etc.) to diagnose product, component and process performance issues
6. High degree of flexibility and adaptability
7. Ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple projects
1. Ability to occasionally move objects ranging in weight up to 100 pounds up to one hour per day
2. Standing for long periods, kneeling, crouching, etc.
3. Clear vision for fine inspection of units; fine motor skills for assembly of delicate components
4. Ability to travel, as required (up to 10%)
5. Ability to work overtime, evenings or weekends as requested to complete production and service responsibilities
Diversity is important at Terso. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.