JOB OBJECTIVE: In a global environment, provide technical support for the configuration, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting on all enterprise supported hardware and software. Assists with testing, training and deployment of new systems.
1. Provide worldwide level two support, troubleshooting and customer service for multiple software and hardware platforms in addition to related peripherals such as scanners, printers, etc.
2. Occasionally serve as overflow for helpdesk and level one support, resolving technical incidents in a timely manner, tracking issues, escalations, resolution and closure of IT tickets.
3. Properly document processes and technical discoveries for future reference and training purposes. Thoroughly log problems, record status, and close out tickets when problems are resolved.
4. Research, evaluate, test and implement new hardware/software solutions as needed by the business. Quickly learn and adapt to a constantly growing technical environment.
5. Follow and implement security policies while carrying out desktop support and assist in the creation, management and terminations of user accounts.
6. Stay current with new technologies (i.e. Software, Hardware, OS, personal productivity) and be prepared to make recommendations.
7. Setup hardware and software including configuration and training of supported systems.
8. Assist in desktop imaging and maintaining image and inventory management (asset management).
9. Participate and help coordinate coverage including maintenance of documentation and cross training to maintain a high level of service in the event of an absence.
10. Participate in and adhere to change management process.
11. Under immediate to minimal supervision, handle and accomplish all tasks with proper communication in the allotted time frame.
12. Start to develop specialized expertise and serve as the subject matter expert for supported systems.
13. Participate in projects and communication of issues related to the initiative. Assist departments in leveraging current applications for best use in projects. Present information as needed in team or department meeting.
14. Quickly assimilate complex and critical technical problems, troubleshoot and prioritize effectively, develop appropriate resolution strategy and communicate with senior management.
15. Work in a team environment. Assist team members in accomplishing tasks/projects given to them.
16. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Off-site, after hours, travel and other support related duties including being on-call.
2. Travel to other branch offices.
3. Analyze and report on system performance and utilization.
1. Associates degree and/or at least 4-5 years experience.
2. Experience participating in small to medium size projects.
3. Possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others to calmly handle critical situations with confidence.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication with a professional demeanor and polished phone skills.
5. Strong customer service skills, including the ability to listen, interpret and explain computer related concepts in non-technical terms.
6. Strong troubleshooting skills in an enterprise environment and the ability to multi-task.
7. Ability to prioritize and to research problem solutions thoroughly under supervision, using advanced methods and varied resources.
8. Ability to look ahead to the next project and understand future directions needs of a company in a high-growth environment.
9. Ability to be detail oriented, yet still see the big picture.
10. Strong knowledge of current operating systems and software products.
11. Strong understanding of LAN and WAN communication including IPX/SPX and TCP/IP.
12. Willing to travel both domestically and internationally as required.
13. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
1. Certification in current operating systems and/or software products.
2. Familiar with computer networking systems.
3. Past experience with SCCM for desktop imaging and software deployment.
4. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems.
1. Able to crawl into small spaces and under desks to accomplish wiring duties.
2. Able to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly and 75 lbs. occasionally.
3. May require using a ladder at heights up to 30 ft. off the ground.
4. Ability to drive.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.