JOB OBJECTIVE: Executes mechanical projects for the engineering group by creating robust, economical designs for automated instruments. Utilizes advanced problem solving and project management skills to support rapid business growth, cost reduction efforts, resource utilization, process efficiency and reliability of operations.
1. Creates robust, economical designs for automated instruments that include machined and molded parts, sheet metal, simple optical assemblies, and motion control systems.
2. Creatively designs mechanical devices and systems using SolidWorks software. Devices include enclosures, motion stages, optical housings, liquid handling systems, packaging and shipping materials.
3. Provides clear, organized documentation to be used by other engineers, production, outside suppliers, consultants, and regulatory agencies.
4. Coordinates transfer of designs to production, create assembly instructions, train assemblers and help production with the more complex mechanical problems.
5. Use tools, design methods, and production approaches that are consistent with the most current technologies.
6. Utilizes interactions with internal and external resources to enhance job efficiencies and effectiveness. Communicates with other engineers, outside consultants, marketers, planners and customers to coordinate and refine instrument designs.
7. Coordinates and specifies parts/materials and works with suppliers to implement designs.
8. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Track and report project progress, status, and time in detail.
2. Special projects as assigned.
1. B.S. degree in Engineering. 2-5 years of industry experience designing electro-mechanical instrumentation.
2. High level proficiency with SolidWorks and SolidWorks Enterprise PDM.
3. Experience with machined parts, sheet metal and plastic molding processes.
4. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve potential issues.
5. Proven ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
6. Proven track record to work both independently and as a team member.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
1. Experience with ISO 13485 and CFR Part 820.
1. Ability to occasionally move objects up to 100 pounds up to one hour per day.
2. Ability to work in areas of limited space and varying environmental temperatures.
3. Ability to observe and inspect equipment and operations for proper operation and compliance to safety and housekeeping standards.
4. Ability to work in a production environment around automated equipment.
5. Ability to work in an office environment utilizing a computer workstation.
6. Ability to work in a lab environment with chemical and biological materials.
7. Ability to travel by car or airplane, for one or several days, to suppliers, equipment vendors, etc.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.