This is a 3-6 month project position
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Mechanical Drafter is responsible for developing detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, fixtures, and tools using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) software tools to support Instrumentation Engineering and Production requirements.
1. Coordinate with and consult mechanical engineers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
2. Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
3. Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
4. Provide documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to engineering, production, procurement, and vendors about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
5. Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
6. Perform other day to day tasks as assigned.
7. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business. (This should be the last numbered statement under the Essential Duties)
1. Develop work instructions and procedures for new and existing equipment.
2. Revise and update drawings for existing products.
3. Assist in preparing documentation for the ECO process.
1. High school diploma required.
2. Ability to understand technical drawings and schematics.
3. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the fabrication of mechanical components.
4. Proficient in SolidWorks with 3-5 years experience. .
5. Ability to learn quickly and demonstrated attention to detail.
6. Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to communicate correctly and communicate problems and issues in a clear and concise manner.
8. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner.
1. 1-2 years of college in an engineering discipline.
2. Knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint, with a working knowledge of various engineering and manufacturing processes.
1. Must be able to work on a computer for an extended period.
2. Employee may be regularly required to talk or listen, stand, walk, sit, stoop, crawl and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
4. Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
5. Prolonged sitting, typing and lifting up to 40 pounds.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.