JOB OBJECTIVE: Manufacture mammalian cell products and perform quality control tests.
1. Manufacture a variety of biologics and/or biochemical products so as to meet product specifications. Follow production schedules to assure on-time delivery of finished product. Understand basic laboratory concepts and perform basic lab techniques.
2. Perform cell culture activities while working in an environmentally controlled laboratory space.
3. Perform assays to assure that products meet existing requirements for purity, activity and functionality. May require supervision to determine +/- passing results.
4. Follow the quality requirements that relate to area. Demonstrates good documentation practices and consistently produces quality products and documentation. Follow existing policies for data recording and record keeping.
5. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Participate in and follow project plans and experimental design with assistance. Provide data or information to others in work area, and assist in implementation activities for own products.
1. Junior or Senior standing in college pursuing an A.D. or B.S. degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology). May have 0-3 years of related experience.
2. Familiar with reagents preparation, assay methods and sterile techniques.
3. Familiar with basic principles of documentation using either laboratory notebook or batch record.
4. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, ERP systems, etc.
1. Experience (beyond coursework) with sterile techniques, bacterial or mammalian cell culture techniques.
2. Prior industry experience.
3. Experience with use of computers for collection and analysis of experimental data.
1. Ability to work at a laboratory bench and or biosafety cabinet for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to work with hazardous materials (e.g. chemicals, radioactivity, electrical equipment) so as not to endanger oneself or others.
3. Ability to use computers in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
4. Ability to use standard laboratory protective equipment (e.g. goggles, lab coat, protective gloves).
5. Ability to lift 50 lb. occasionally.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.