Candidates must submit a letter of interest with their application and either three portfolio pieces or a link to a digital portfolio.
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Design Specialist supports marketing campaigns and events in North America by guiding creative concepts into outstanding experiences for life science professionals. The specialist creates cohesive visual elements for projects with guidance from branch marketing specialists, internal and field sales partners, and corporate design leads. The design specialist also supports digital execution of campaigns with expert web design abilities, and a passion for understanding and using marketing technology.
1. Conceptualize, develop, and produce brand-compliant creative content for print and digital materials in collaboration with internal teams. Think outside the box to generate ideas and visuals that will achieve the predetermined project goals.
2. Work with project team to set KPIs for campaigns. Review completed campaigns against goals. Summarize learnings from a design perspective.
3. Develop and prepare basic wireframes and templates both for web-specific content and for marketing campaigns and projects. Develop designs for web pages, organizing content and applying approved creative concept or graphic design.
4. Design mobile-first email templates. Assist with email graphic production. Regularly create new reusable email graphics.
5. Understand Promega’s marketing technology landscape. Incorporate all relevant tools into project plans. Comply with governance policies. Collaborate with other users to share best practices. Maintain an awareness of digital marketing trends.
6. Optimize use of sales enablement tools to create visually appealing, digital-first sales experiences.
7. Design tradeshow graphics, signage, and literature for branch events.
8. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Support shared marketing team responsibilities, which may include: managing shared inboxes, completing account and contact enrichment activities, updating shared calendars, and contributing to internal communication projects.
2. Contribute to global campaign design and development under the guidance of the Global Design Lead.
3. Contribute to or lead internal training for global marketing team members.
1. Bachelors or Associates degree in communication design or an equivalent marketing/design degree with two–four years of experience in a related field.
2. HTML and CSS Basics.
3. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
4. Confident in knowledge of industry standard digital optimization and printing practices.
5. Good understanding of web concepts and best practices.
6. A strong portfolio that demonstrates your skillset.
1. Ability to use telephone equipment.
2. Ability to use computer equipment.
3. Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.