JOB OBJECTIVE: To ensure timely receipt, safe and efficient recording, handling and distribution of materials throughout Promega’s Madison campus warehouses.
1. Receive, deliver and initiate transfer of materials between Promega warehouses to ensure materials reach intended recipients on time.
2. Maintain warehouse inventory records.
3. Manage/maintain Promega warehouses keeping them in a clean and orderly condition.
4. Operate equipment proficiently and safely.
5. Able to adjust to the changing needs and demands of the department as communicated by Supervisor.
6. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Participate in the annual physical inventory.
2. Take on special assignments as requested.
3. Adjust and scrap materials per standard operating procedures.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Self-directed individual, willing to work in a team driven environment.
3. Strong customer service orientation.
4. Ability to work effectively with a broad range of departments.
5. Ability to operate material handling equipment.
1. Previous shipping, receiving, warehouse experience.
2. Ability to work independently with minimum guidance.
3. Ability to effectively prioritize work assignments, easily adapt to the changing needs of the position.
4. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
5. Ability to maintain a productive working atmosphere, friendly and cooperative.
6. Previous experience with SAP inventory systems and Microsoft Office or similar applications.
1. Ability to work with a computer in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to operate warehouse equipment.
3. Ability to drive a delivery vehicle or a forklift.
4. Ability to daily move and lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
5. Ability to regularly use hands and arms to reach for objects.
6. Ability to climb ladders throughout the day.
7. Capable of standing and moving for extended periods of time during the day.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.