JOB OBJECTIVE: The Client Support Specialist will serve as the liaison to our internal and external customers. Provide technical support and information about Promega products and services, thereby building strong customer relationships that will lead to an increase in information exchange, technology acquisition, and economic interaction. Responsible for coordination of all end user-defined activities in their strategic accounts, including assisting distributors. Drive sales of all Promega products by identifying, developing and securing all relevant sales leads and opportunities in the assigned territory in order to meet personal and Promega sales goals.
This is a field position that will be covering the New Jersey territory. Ideal candidates will be located within the territory.
1. Use the customer relationship management system (CRM) and other sales analysis tools to generate reports, manipulate data and effectively analyze results. Maintain appropriate notes in the designated CRM.
2. Identify and maintain strategic accounts and clients to maximize effectiveness. Consistently request, receive and leverage customer referrals.
3. Develop and maintain an active sales funnel of opportunities across the Promega product portfolio.
4. Provide technical support by thorough knowledge of Promega’s product line and effective communication of applications related to the products.
5. Support and develop strong customer and distributor relationships by acting as a liaison between the customer and various departments at Promega. Bring field issues and complex sales opportunities to the regional manager and provide necessary customer follow up.
6. Work with the regional manager to develop opportunity based pricing strategies at accounts (quotes, purchasing contracts with discount schedules, freezer programs and stockroom/consignment). In conjunction with the Promega business units, organize and conduct field-marketing activities such as workshops, focus groups and beta test programs to gain customer feedback.
7. Work with the regional manager to remain familiar with competitive products for the purpose of educating customers on the benefit of Promega technology. Work with the regional manager to monitor the competition and report important activities (technical developments, trends within key accounts, seminars, training sessions, etc.) back to Promega.
8. Drive awareness and success of the Helix program through Helix stocking and sample follow up. Host Helix relaunch parties, develop stock customization, and work with the SBU to appropriately market the unit within the account.
9. Work with the regional managers to partner with SBU resource/Corporate Sales Team and overlay teams to provide instrument demonstrations with the goal of moving opportunities forward.
10. Discuss relevant market investment activities and business unit initiatives for strategic territory development with the regional manager on a regular basis and enact plans to achieve goals as defined in conjunction with the regional manager.
11. Flexible in handling change, meeting a standard of excellence, persistent in pursuing goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Self-awareness of how behaviors can affect our colleagues.
12. Attend Sales Training sessions for Miller Heiman and Spin Selling. Independently develop SPIN call plans and identify appropriate use. With manager assistance fill out and review Blue/Green sheets and sales call plans.
13. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Represent Promega at conferences, shows, workshops and seminars locally, regionally or nationally, as necessary.
2. Organize and plan lectures, vendor shows, workshops and seminars in specific territory.
1. BS or BA (MS, or Ph.D. preferred) degree in a life sciences related discipline.
2. Technical competency to understand and to clearly discuss fundamental theory and principles of experimental design, techniques and results; to stay current in technical knowledge; to troubleshoot and to provide information back to the customer in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner.
3. Minimum of 2-3 years lab/business experience with proven knowledge and understanding of molecular biology, cell biology and related fields.
4. Must have current and valid U.S. driver’s license.
5. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), e-mail and the use of the Internet.
6. Ability to display excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills.
7. Strong commitment to customer service.
8. Highly driven, independent worker with a strong motivation to succeed.
9. Has an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
10. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
1. Previous experience giving oral presentations, teaching or training other scientists.
2. Well organized, able to devise and manage systems for handling customers/accounts.
3. Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes.
4. One year outside sales experience.
1. Ability to move up to 60 lbs.
2. Ability to drive a vehicle.
3. Ability to use computer and telephone equipment.
4. Ability to travel within assigned territory up to 70% of time.
5. Ability to travel outside territory as needed.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.