JOB OBJECTIVE: Print labels for catalog, customs and OEM, with little supervision on day-to-day work in order to meet production goals and productivity guidelines set by Promega. Fulfill customer requests, meet and exceed customer expectations, to produce high quality labels.
1. Setup, operate and troubleshoot label printing equipment.
2. Print product labels for catalog, customs, OEM and CAS.
3. Manage and prioritize label printing to meet internal customer requirements or process order demand.
4. Verify label accuracy: check that label requests match up with current, approved labels and resolve any discrepancies.
5. Recording time and issuing materials via ERP system.
6. Accurate documentation of processes and run sheets.
7. Create, modify, and edit label templates using label software.
8. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
9. Uses technical concepts and depth of knowledge to resolve issues effectively.
10. Identifies and makes recommendations/changes to protocols and procedures.
11. Ability to work independently with little supervision.
1. Provide support to Management for special projects or duties.
2. Process and continuous improvement.
3. Assist in inventory management, including, but not limited to, cycle counting and physical inventory.
4. Training others on label printing tasks.
5. Troubleshoot equipment, recommend and/or resolve issues independently.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Excellent level of attention to detail.
3. Able to work accurately.
4. Adaptability and flexibility to changing production demands.
5. Competency in general math.
6. Excellent organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills.
7. Ability to proficiently use computers and electronic interfaces. Preferably ERP systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, HMI’s, and Outlook.
8. Ability to work in a team environment.
1. Prior experience working in a scientific environment with exposure to various production and packaging equipment.
2. Prior experience in product finishing environment.
1. Ability to use computer and telephone equipment.
2. Ability to stand and/or sit for several hours at a time.
3. Visual acuity, including the ability to differentiate colors, required for physical inspection of label.
4. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50-70 lbs.
5. Ability to occasionally move up to 300 lbs. on a dolly and 500 lbs. on a pallet jack.
6. Ability to bend multiple times per day.
7. Ability to use hands for repetitive motions throughout shift.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.