JOB OBJECTIVE: Apply engineering principles and methods to tasks which support the ongoing projects and responsibilities of the Promega Engineering department.
1. Identify equipment performance and process issues and either resolve them or propose timely recommendations to management for resolution. Investigate and analyze existing manufacturing processes for on-going continuous improvement in the areas of reliability, cost, throughput, capability, efficiency, workflow, and overall resource utilization.
2. Develop a technical library for all production equipment including drawings, manuals, spare parts list etc. Create an access controlled directory for library so information is readily accessible. Obtain any missing information for all equipment. Field verify changes and update documentation where appropriate.
3. Cross reference the SAP system to ensure all equipment identification, location, and bill of materials is recorded properly. Work with Engineering and Vendors to obtain quotes for parts. Create naming convention for bill of materials. Inventory spare parts storage areas to ensure SAP has accurate inventory counts. Ensure re-order information on bill of materials is accurate.
4. Assist with documentation, storage and control needs for Engineering and Operations software
5. Assist, as required, with documentation and logistics tasks associated with approved engineering projects.
6. Equipment Evaluation – Perform process and packaging equipment trials, either on line or with prototype test systems to determine best configurations for our products.
7. Equipment Fabrication – Create designs and fabricate components as required for test fixturing and implementation of equipment improvements.
8. Additional duties as assigned.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Pursuing a technical degree in:
-A.S. in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or technical discipline.
-B.S. in Chemical, Mechanical, Biological, Manufacturing, Process, Electrical, Packaging, Biotech or equivalent Engineering.
2. Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to effectively work on many priorities at one time, which change frequently.
3. Proven ability to interact with wide variety of disciplines and team members.
4. Technical and mechanical background with an ability to identify equipment, its function, and solve problems.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Highly organized and can work with little supervision.
7. Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office products.
8. Able to work for full time (40 hrs/wk) Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4pm approximately.
1. Experience with AutoCad and/or Solid Works.
2. Experience in an ISO 9000, FDA GMP, or USDA regulated environment.
3. Experience with automated liquid filling and/or high speed packaging equipment.
4. Experience with development of Engineering and/or Drafting Standards.
5. Experience using document management software applications.
6. Able to work part time throughout the school year or breaks as needed.
1. Ability to work in a production environment around automated equipment.
2. Ability to work in an office environment utilizing a computer workstation.
3. Ability to work in a lab environment with chemical and biological materials.
4. Able to lift 30 pounds.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.