JOB OBJECTIVE: Apply engineering principles and methods to tasks which support the ongoing projects and responsibilities of the Promega Engineering department.
*The length of this position will be around 7 months. May to December 2019 is the ideal time frame.
1. Equipment Evaluation – Perform process equipment trials, either on line or with prototype test systems.
2. Equipment Fabrication – Create designs and fabricate components as required for test fixturing and implementation of equipment improvements.
3. Project Assistant – Assist, as required, with GMP documentation and tasks associated with engineering projects.
4. Process Improvement – Investigate and analyze existing manufacturing processes for ongoing continuous improvement in the areas of reliability, cost, throughput, capability, efficiency, workflow, and overall resource utilization.
5. Proactive Problem Solving – identify equipment performance and process issues, and either resolve them or propose timely recommendations to management for resolution.
6. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Present updates at various project team meetings.
2. Present project work to a team of engineers.
3. Ability to travel.
1. Junior or senior standing studying BS Chemical, Bioprocess (or equivalent specialty with a Bioprocess emphasis) Engineering.
2. Mechanical and problem solving skills.
3. Excellent organization, communication, and presentation skills.
4. Driven individual with a track record of being a self-starter.
5. Ability to handle both multiple and changing priorities.
6. Proficiency with MS Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
1. Prototyping experience.
2. Research project experience.
3. CAD experience.
1. Ability to work in a lab environment with chemical and biological materials.
2. Ability to observe and inspect equipment and operations for proper operation and compliance to safety and housekeeping standards.
3. Ability to work in a production environment around automated equipment.
4. Ability to work in an office environment utilizing a computer workstation.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.