JOB OBJECTIVE: Marketing Leads have direct client contact, brief creative teams, and help manage integrated marketing programs. They build and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders, serving as the main point of contact for client and project teams. Marketing Leads develop strategies, concept experiences, and build marketing plans to support client initiatives. They monitor performance of marketing activities and debrief to add key learnings to future projects.
1. Understand the short and long-term business goals and customers of assigned client(s). Develop recommendations for marketing and customer communications projects to help meet revenue, product launch, and marketing goals.
2. Work with clients to develop strategic marketing plans to support key objectives. Develop a clear understanding of customer needs, key behaviors and interests, and develop communications to address.
3. Lead the process of process crafting messaging and positioning for marketing campaigns.
4. Work with media specialists to create digital marketing plans that support client goals. Use analytics to aid decision making on the use of specific channels and content.
5. Provide leadership to cross-functional teams. Ensure understanding and effective communication of goals, project timelines and content purpose.
6. Research and concept strategies. Ideate, innovate and evolve brand through creative thinking and content creation that is both market and brand appropriate. Includes (but not limited to) advertising, tradeshow experience, website, social media, webinars, and video channels.
7. Lead, mentor and support creative teams in execution of creative/content to support campaigns. Direct the process of developing digital and print materials from concept to execution. Review and evaluate content for compliance with desired message, voice, tone, style and brand strategy.
8. Develop a full understanding of the architecture of the Promega web site. Develop understanding of how the Promega site is used as a marketing channel for content delivery to specific audiences. Assume responsibility for the performance of key pages by understanding the principles of writing for the web and how to optimize pages for search.
9. Take a customer-centered approach to all communications. Understand necessary principles and strategies of specific media channels for optimal effectiveness.
10. Present concepts and strategies to client, project and management teams.
11. Understand and apply principles of clear, reader-centered writing to all communications. Understand principles of writing for various media.
12. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Ensure routing and review of marketing materials as needed in compliance with Promega quality system and document control requirements.
2. Participate and present status, progress and/or updates with internal management teams and/or Corporate management.
3. Direct, monitor and improve processes, workflow and metrics to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and alignment with business needs.
4. Publish web content using the content management system.
5. Travel to attend tradeshows, meet customers, or participate in training as required.
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising or related field.
2. 5+ years of experience in a B2C or B2B setting creating digital marketing plans and tactics.
3. Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
4. Strong knowledge of the creative process in the delivery of marketing materials and programs.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude. A polite, friendly and diplomatic manner, and good negotiation skills. Creative thinking/problem-solving skills.
6. Ability to work independently, but also flourish as a cross-functional team player. Ability to build effective working relationships within Marketing Services and with intra-departmental teams in a project leadership role. Ability to work efficiently and cooperatively as a team member and meet deadlines for completion of work.
7. Ability to prioritize and manage and multiple projects simultaneously, maintain complete and accurate records, and give regular reports on the status of projects.
1. Marketing experience in the life sciences or a related industry.
2. Understanding of the scientific basis of Promega products and services. Ability to gain in-depth understanding of the needs of customer segments served by specific business units.
3. Journalism courses/experience writing about science for scientific or general audiences.
1. Ability to read information from a variety of sources, including hand-written notes, pre-printed materials and documents on screen, and communicate with others using Promega's network software.
2. Ability to operate a computer and utilize software to accomplish required tasks as outlined above on a continuous daily basis during a normal workweek of 40–45 hours.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.