JOB OBJECTIVE: Ensure the integrity of accounting information by verifying and recording transactions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Support the company’s financial processes to make certain accounting records and reports have the highest degree of accuracy and are provided timely to business leaders and decision makers. Maintain a sound internal control environment to ensure that the company’s assets are safeguarded.
1. Follow established accounting policies and procedures while continuously looking for process improvements; ensure all critical accounting processes are adequately documented.
2. Maintain the general ledger through the preparation and entry of journal entries.
3. Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and general ledger maintenance.
4. Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Finance & Accounting (F&A) Department and the monthly and year-end financial close processes.
5. Support the year-end fiscal audit and annual report processes, including working with external auditors to complete the annual audit.
6. Support the development, documentation, implementation and testing of internal controls.
7. Responsible for prepaid expense accounting and the intercompany billing processes.
8. Serve as backup for other accounting and accounts payable functions, as needed.
9. Participate in and lead process improvement or other F&A related projects, as needed.
10. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Other projects and tasks as required.
1. B.S. in Accounting or related area. Associate degree in Accounting will also be considered. Minimum 2 years of public/corporate accounting and/or related financial experience.
2. Knowledge of GAAP and FASB standards.
3. Experience with or knowledge of ERP systems, preferably SAP.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
5. Strong organizational skills.
6. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
1. Experience with designing, implementing and testing internal controls.
2. Ability to work on multiple tasks while maintaining normal activities.
3. Ability to work independently and be decisive.
4. Experience working on project teams.
1. Ability to use computer and telephone equipment.
2. Ability to move boxes weighing up to 25 lbs.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.