JOB OBJECTIVE: Manages Operations projects to ensure it is completed on-time and within budget.
1. Apply project management techniques to lead and manage diverse Operations projects and initiatives.
a. Create project charters, work plans, schedules, budgets, issue logs, and risk management plans.
b. Manage teams to complete project objectives in a timely and efficient manner.
c. Manage team(s) to meet objectives, effectively communicate team goals, and support accomplishment of team goals.
d. Establish and manage roles, responsibilities, and deliverables of project team members.
e. Establish resource plans to assure adequate staffing for successful delivery of project goals.
f. Perform project closure and coordinate data gathering for post project reviews.
g. Track project resource needs, milestones and status which includes communicating metrics for ongoing project performance, including on-time, on-budget and on-objective measures.
h. Manage several departmental projects simultaneously while maintaining priorities and addressing changing needs.
i. Maintain a positive culture that builds teamwork and encourages transparency with open communication.
2. Lead teams in developing plans and goals, identifying customer requirements, stakeholders, resource need/roles, key project milestones, assumptions, constraints, and defining project scope as inputs for projects in various areas of Operations departments such as Bulk Production, Product Finishing, Operations Engineering, Facilities, Validation and Quality Assurance.
3. Interact and collaborate with external parties: consultants, suppliers, customers etc.
4. Write, review, revise, as necessary, Capital Justifications, Change Packages, Equipment Change Records as prescribed by the Promega Corporation Quality system.
5. Resolve conflict in a constructive manner and make recommendations to address obstacles to ensure project success.
6. Understand and comply with all elements of the Promega Corporation Quality System as they relate to the position.
7. Demonstrate understanding of quality requirements that relate to both business needs and regulatory standards.
8. Demonstrate strong documentation practices and concisely produce high quality documentation. Follow existing Promega Corporation Quality System policies for data recording and record keeping. Create, complete, and maintain documentation.
9. Follow all applicable company safety policies.
10. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Represents Operations in interdepartmental meetings.
2. Write, review, revise quality system documents as needed.
3. Attend relevant meetings, manufacturing technology meetings and technical seminars.
4. Travel as needed.
5. Assist the Supervisor in the execution of specific projects as required and assigned.
6. Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
1. BS degree in a scientific discipline or relevant technical discipline.
2. 2-3 years of relevant work experience managing a project or serving as a subject matter expert or functional lead.
3. Strong written and oral communication skills.
4. Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
5. Proven ability to work as part of a team.
6. Excellent time management skills.
7. Ability to multi-task.
8. Demonstrated training or experience in project management.
9. Experience with use of computers. Microsoft Project, Word, Outlook and Excel experience, as well as familiarity working in a windows-based environment.
10. Ability to self-direct and handle multiple tasks with limited supervision.
11. Strong analytical, leadership, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
12. Able to prioritize and multitask in order to meet deadlines.
13. Work in a team environment as well as work independently.
1. PM certification or training through accredited program.
2. Experience in Manufacturing, R&D, or Quality Assurance.
3. Demonstrated ability in directly utilizing project management software.
4. Proven ability to set goals, implement project plans, and monitor progress.
5. Ability to interpret and communicate scientific results and to interact productively with scientists and engineers on cross-functional teams.
1. Ability to use computers in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to use standard laboratory protective equipment (e.g. goggles, lab coat, protective gloves).
3. Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally.
4. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.