JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for providing high quality care to the animals in the facility.
This is a part-time position offering 10-20 hours a week. Considerable flexibility with regards to working hours, but preferably during the weekdays and somewhere within 8am-5pm. Great job for a student looking to earn some extra money.
1. Monitor mouse room conditions and record in log book.
2. Check food and water levels in mouse cages and replace as needed.
3. Transfer mice to clean cages with new water and food weekly.
4. Wash dirty cages, water bottles and other equipment.
5. Clean and organize work areas after cage changing.
6. Maintain mouse facility supplies and re-order as needed.
7. Make up containers of acidified water, disinfectants and other solutions.
8. Must complete assigned duties in a safe manner, thoroughly familiarizing themselves with safety concerns, such as reading safety data sheets, wearing necessary protective clothing, including safety glasses, chemical resistant gloves, respirators, etc. Responsible for monitoring safety practices of assigned area.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Must be comfortable handing mice.
2. Ability to work independently.
3. Candidates must have a reliable vehicle.
4. Complete training class on Biomethodology of the Mouse offered through UW Research Animal Research Center. Participants will learn mouse handling, restraint, and techniques applicable to the research mouse. The course consists of two sections: an online e-learning module, followed by a 1.5 hour hands-on lab.
1. Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing 40 pounds or more occasionally.
2. Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, push and pull objects.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.