JOB OBJECTIVE: Ensure the integrity of accounting information by verifying and recording transactions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Manage the company’s financial processes to make certain accounting records and reports have the highest degree of accuracy and are provided timely to business leaders and decision makers. Maintain a sound internal control environment to ensure that the company’s assets are safeguarded.
1. Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures while continuously looking for process improvements; ensure all critical accounting processes are adequately documented.
2. Maintain the general ledger through the preparation and entry of journal entries.
3. Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and general ledger maintenance.
4. Prepare accurate and timely monthly and annual financial statements and disclosures.
5. Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to management’s attention.
6. Work directly with external audit firm and support year-end financial audit and annual report preparation processes.
7. Maintain a strong internal control environment by ensuring the development, documentation, implementation and testing of internal controls.
8. Provide assistance and backup support for various accounting functions, as needed.
9. Lead accounting research projects, as needed. Serve as key member of the ASC 606 and ASC 842 implementation projects.
10. Keep abreast of current trends, practices, and developments in the accounting profession. Review new accounting standards and make recommendations for implementation, if required.
11. Participate in and lead process improvement or other F&A related projects, as needed.
12. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Other projects and tasks as required.
1. B.S. in Accounting or related area. Minimum 3 years of accounting and/or related financial experience, with a strong preference for public accounting firm experience.
2. Significant understanding of GAAP and FASB standards.
3. Experience with or knowledge of ERP systems, preferably SAP.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
5. Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
6. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
1. CPA or MBA.
2. Public accounting firm experience.
3. External and/or internal audit experience.
4. SAP experience (FICO).
5. Experience with designing, implementing and testing internal controls.
6. Ability to work independently and be decisive.
7. Experience working on project teams.
1. Ability to use computer and telephone equipment.
2. Ability to move boxes weighing up to 25 lbs.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.