JOB OBJECTIVE: Act as automation and instrumentation technical expert in the areas of high throughput cell-based and biochemical assays and assay miniaturization. Apply scientific leadership to individual R&D Projects. Ability to execute and champion innovative research. Formulate an overall project strategy for experimental design in the context of experimental results and scientific literature.
Please take some time to visit https://www.promega.com/responsibility to find out what makes Promega such a unique and dynamic place to work.
1. Primary author for contributions to internal technical literature, abstracts, patents or journal articles.
2. Contribute to preparation or evaluation of patents.
3. Communicate problems, ideas and suggestions to appropriate person or group.
4. Direct others on a designated project.
5. Independently develop project plans and manage project timelines.
6. Recognized as an automation and instrumentation expert in high throughput cell-based and biochemical assays as well as assay miniaturization and provide scientific leadership.
7. Mammalian cell culture and maintenance.
8. Ability to suggest novel and innovative approaches.
9. Work at bench.
10. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. BS degree in a scientific discipline with 12+ years post graduate experience.
2. MS degree in a scientific discipline with 6+ years post graduate experience.
3. PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 0-3 years post graduate experience preferably in an industrial research and/or development environment.
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
3. Ability to operate a computer.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.