JOB OBJECTIVE: To support the financial planning, analysis and management reporting function. To support the preparation of internal management financial materials and ad hoc business analysis for strategic initiatives. To support financial reporting systems to consistently improve global user adoption, knowledge, and system skills. The essential duties reported below represent the broad range of potential duties for this position that can vary from time to time at the discretion of the supervisor.
1. Prepare trend and plan data for purposes of reporting actual financial results in comparison to trend and plan.
2. Provide monthly reporting and analysis including financial dashboards, graphs and reports and provide support as requested in the preparation of internal management reports and presentations.
3. Provide validation support between source system and management reporting systems.
4. Support, as requested, the preparation of the financial materials for company meetings including but not limited to board, PST, and audit committee meetings.
5. Assist in providing actionable analysis of sales, margins, expenses and profitability including variance analysis and commentary for review and action by finance and senior leadership.
6. Assist with the preparation for and execution of the global annual business planning/business review process and periodic updates.
a. When requested, provide implemention support for planning system functions to ensure consistency, including loading and validation of comparison data, updating system for changes in organizational or business structure, set-up of templates for system users and validation and testing of system prior to roll-out to end users.
b. Provide support (training, etc.) to end-users of business planning and analysis tools.
c. Assist in identifying and implementing process, system and information improvements.
7. Provide decision support, ad hoc analysis and modeling that encompasses strategic direction, optimal value creation and proper focus of resources.
8. Assist when requested in the preparation and analysis of financial incentive calculations.
9. Work with select business leaders as an F&A business partner such that they view the business partner as an extension of their team. Respond to the business leader’s requests for F&A support by personally providing the support or bringing in other F&A team members with the appropriate skills and experience. Provide insightful decision support and independent analytical perspectives to the assigned business leaders through the business partner relationship.
10. Provide training and end user support when requested for Business Intelligence tool set. Support implementation of business intelligence and management reporting structure environment.
11. Support functional area heads and F&A business partners in understanding spending trends and/or area contribution in the context of the Company’s financial goals and objectives.
a. Provide support in monitoring and analyzing spending, as well as other financial analysis.
b. Support planning/forecast development process for the functional area.
c. Assist in analyzing the risk and return (ROI) of planned expenditures to improve on the planning and justification for such expenditures. Perform on-going post-audits of actual versus planned expenditures including the benefits realized to monitor and improve the process.
12. Understand and comply with ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Support the Finance and Accounting organization on other projects as needed.
2. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. B.A./B.S. in Business, Finance or related area.
2. Experience with financial or sales reporting systems and/or analysis.
3. Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
4. Excellent planning and analytical skills.
5. Strong problem solving skills.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
7. Attention to detail.
8. Strong written and oral communication skills.
1. Exposure to forecasting processes and methodologies.
2. Project management skills and experience.
3. Exposure to Business Intelligence Applications (e.g. Cognos Finance/BI, Business Objects).
4. High level of skill in data query, modeling and advanced analysis techniques.
1. Ability to use telephone and computer equipment.
2. Ability to travel as needed.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.