This is a 3-6 month project position, hours are Monday - Friday 7am - 3pm.
Promega Corporation is seeking an experienced Line Cook to join our talented culinary team. We are a scratch kitchen using local, seasonal ingredients with an on-site garden where we grow many things ourselves. We are fully committed to supporting local farmers. You must be organized and have the ability to multi-task. At least 3 years experience is required. Occasional evening hours are possible, but not required.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Maintain quality food, presentation and cleanliness within the framework of Promega Corporation policies and procedures.
1. Maintain constant quality control while handling and preparing food according to Promega Cafeteria standards and recipes, and comply with all Federal and local health department regulations.
2. Strictly adhere to production and sanitation standards as per Promega Corporation and health department direction (through SOE compliance).
3. Adhere to policies and procedures dictated by Promega Corporation.
4. Have working knowledge of all job positions within the cafeteria and catering functions.
5. Adhere to all cash handling policies and procedures.
6. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Work evenings and weekends to cover corporate events as needed.
2. Provide coverage and work all positions within the cafeteria as needed.
1. Strong numerical aptitude.
2. Good reading and comprehension skills.
3. Good hand dexterity to operation restaurant equipment.
4. Strong positive interpersonal skills in dealing with guests and team members effectively.
5. Working knowledge of all restaurant/cafeteria and catering job positions necessary.
6. Maintains appearance according to Promega and professional standards.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent education with culinary training.
2. Working knowledge of existing catering services in the community.
1. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
2. Ability to spend extended periods of time standing.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.