JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for a basic research project in assigned area of research to address important biological questions as well as develop new technology to solve problems. The ability to champion innovative research is the primary objective of this position.
1. Independently develop research plans and manage timelines.
2. Primary author for peer-reviewed journal articles, abstracts, and/or patents.
3. Attend scientific conferences and become a recognized expert in area of research.
4. Communicate problems, ideas and suggestions to appropriate person or group.
5. Ability to suggest novel and innovative approaches.
6. Work at bench.
7. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Ph.D. degree in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or Biology-related area.
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
3. Ability to operate a computer.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.