JOB OBJECTIVE: We are recruiting two postdoctoral fellows to work on the development and optimization of two novel bioluminescence detection platforms for the analysis of complex biological systems. The candidates should be independent, enthusiastic, team-oriented individuals with strong backgrounds in cell biology and recombinant protein evolution. In addition, ideal candidates will have the drive and confidence necessary to effectively lead their own project within a collaborative and strongly supportive group environment offering broad expertise across chemistry and biology. Some experience with small animal and/or complex models (e.g., iPSC, 3D culture) is desirable. Strong communication skills as well as a track record of peer reviewed publications are expected.
1. Independently develop research plans and manage timelines.
2. Primary author for peer-reviewed journal articles, abstracts, and/or patents.
3. Attend scientific conferences and become a recognized expert in area of research.
4. Communicate problems, ideas and suggestions to appropriate person or group.
5. Ability to suggest novel and innovative approaches.
6. Work at bench.
7. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Ph.D. degree in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or Biology-related area.
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
3. Ability to operate a computer.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.