JOB OBJECTIVE: The Experience Manager shapes and helps implement services that support the needs of guests visiting the Madison Campus. This includes continuing to strengthen programs for visiting scientists and collaborators, overseeing the health and management of unique community/event/hospitality spaces and developing and managing a tour program for guests and the general public. This Sr Manager is also hands on in supporting the spikes and last-minute needs of the program. The Sr Manager holds acute listening skills and a proactive spirit that understands needs and nuance. This role acts from a place of sincerity and understanding leaving guests with a memorable experience and supporting a team that feels appreciated. This person needs to be organized with the agility to constantly prioritize and reprioritize projects and tasks to an evolving landscape.
Promega leadership roles support teams and integrate institutional values for a strong performance and promising future. Leaders are expected to hold strong emotional intelligence, be comfortable with new thinking and chronically curious about everything.
1. Oversee and continue development in hospitality and meeting services. This includes defining and socializing protocols with the rest of the company as needed.
2. Continuously update processes and materials to better customize every visit and provide a rich connection to Promega.
3. Provide support to Hospitality/Meetings Manager and Customer Experience Science Liaison.
4. Develop and support Tour Guide pool within Promega. Work with Corporate Affairs in designing and maintaining
5. Work with Hospitality/Meetings Manger and Building Stewards to define protocols, and on-going needs of space management for guest houses, and unique community spaces on campus.
6. Define and track budget needs across the areas of responsibility.
7. Provide protocols and learn practices of global colleagues to continue to enrich customer experiences with Promega worldwide.
8. Seek and understand the story of the culture and translate that into the guest experience.
9. Listen, learn, and act.
10. Foster a supportive and dynamic work environment, Promega embraces the principles of emotional and social intelligence (ESI). All employees are invited to be lifelong learners and remain open and curious about themselves, the people they interact with and their work. We believe embracing a spirit of ESI will support important personal growth and organizational success.
11. Understand and comply with all elements of the Promega Quality System outlined for the position.
1. Create/provide reports as needed to reflect activities and programs to identify trends and interests of guests and future needs of the programs.
1. BA or Associates Degree in either hospitality, meetings/events, communications or public relations.
2. 7+ years of experience in hospitality, guest services or public relations.
3. Strong written, verbal, presentation and facilitation skills.
4. Great problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
5. Strong organizational skills. Work with project management software a plus.
6. Skills in using MS Outlook, PowerPoint, MS word, Excel and other office productivity tools.
7. Clear sense of self with the ability to identify and suspend personal input when necessary.
8. Ability to manage tension, foster understanding and speak honestly.
1. Audio/Video knowledge.
2. Understanding of life science industry.
1. Ability to lift 30 lbs.
2. Occasional travel
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.