JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide project leadership while following industry best practices and department specific approaches.
1. General Project Management - Manage cross-functional on site project teams to implement strategic or tactical initiatives. Create project charters, work plans, schedules, budgets, issue logs, and risk management plans. Lead/guide teams to complete project objectives in a timely and efficient manner. Establish and manage roles, responsibilities, and deliverables of project team members. Establish resource plans to assure adequate staffing for successful delivery of project goals. Perform project closure and coordinate data gathering for post project reviews.
2. Project Initiation – Lead teams in identifying customer requirements, stakeholders, resource need/roles, key project milestones, assumptions, constraints, and defining project scope as inputs for the Project Charter.
3. Project Effectiveness –Maintain methods for measuring project effectiveness. Use project metrics to track and communicate project status. Implement recovery plans as required to maintain progress toward project goals.
4. Communication – Prepare presentations of findings, recommendations, specifications in reports and oral presentations. Provide regular updates of project status to project sponsors and stakeholders.
5. Conflict Resolution - Resolve conflict in a constructive manner and make recommendations to address obstacles to ensure project success.
6. Decision Making - Facilitate resolution and make recommendations for escalation across project teams, sponsors, functional managers, and upper management.
7. Time Management – Manage several departmental projects simultaneously while maintaining priorities and addressing changing needs.
8. Teambuilding – Maintain a positive culture that builds teamwork and encourages transparency with open communication.
9. Documentation - Follow existing Promega Corporation Quality System policies for data recording and record keeping. Create, complete, and maintain department and function specific documentation.
10. Follow all applicable company safety policies.
11. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
2. Provide updates, share best practices at departmental/ interdepartmental meetings.
1. BS Degree in relevant technical discipline.
2. 2-3 years of work experience managing a project or serving in a significant role on project(s) i.e. subject matter expert; functional lead.
3. Strong organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
1. PM certification or training through an accredited program.
2. Demonstrated ability in directly utilizing project management software (e.g. Microsoft Project).
1. Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally.
2. Ability to operate a computer.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.