This is a temp-to-hire position.
JOB OBJECTIVE: To greet and direct visitors in person and over the telephone, via a multi-line switchboard, and assist departments in completing clerical tasks that can be performed at the desk. This position involves front line customer interaction and requires a professional manner in meeting the needs of both internal and external customers.
1. Greet visitors and notify proper departments.
2. Serve as information desk point of contact.
3. Route incoming calls to correct destinations, paging overhead when appropriate or necessary.
4. Responsible for opening and closing company telephones as per building hours.
5. Prepare visitor nametags.
6. Check out audio-visual equipment and follow up to ensure it is properly returned.
7. Maintain audio-visual equipment rooms, ensuring organization and proper inventory of equipment, and act as liaison for equipment repair.
8. Maintain proficiency and assist in the operation of audio-visual equipment.
9. Responsible together with HR and IT for changes and updates to the employee directory.
10. Confirm conference/meeting rooms through electronic scheduler when requested by employees.
11. Direct or route incoming and outgoing deliveries.
12. Maintain updated and current operating procedures for providing front desk coverage.
13. Maintain vending reimbursement and repair calls.
14. Maintain tidy appearance of front desk area.
15. Prepare daily meeting room Schedules for posting in conference rooms as needed.
16. Act as building Lost and Found contact, and manage the Lost & Found bin.
17. Manage and maintain front desk purchases for employee perks on behalf of Human Resources (HR) Department.
18. Act as point of contact for on-site employee vehicle perks, vendor or security badges, envelope distributions, keys as assigned, courier services, and parking passes.
19. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Assist Events staff with outside groups as needed.
2. Provide back-up for Promega front desks and buildings as needed.
3. Coordinate outside printing pick-ups and deliveries, including cabs for onsite field staff and guests.
4. Announce emergency and non-emergency situations (tornadoes, facility notices, etc.) as instructed.
5. Complete projects as assigned from project request process.
1. Minimum high school education or equivalency plus 0 - 1 one year clerical and telephone (multi-lines or switchboard) work experience.
2. Courteous and pleasant, yet business-like, professional manner and appearance.
3. Strong customer service skills, experience, or training. Understanding of and commitment to providing a high level of customer service.
4. Ability to handle a busy, fast-paced multiple-line telephone (proper telephone etiquette) and accommodate incoming visitors simultaneously.
5. Ability to effectively and professionally communicate in a clear and tactful manner with the general public and internal staff.
6. Proven organizational and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail.
7. Basic computer skills in electronic mail and scheduling systems.
8. Demonstrated ability as a team player in a team-oriented environment.
9. Flexible to changing needs and schedule changes (ex. coverage, task deadlines, etc.)
10. Prompt arrival and regular attendance at work.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
1. Ability to use computer equipment and multiple-line telephones.
2. Ability to occasionally move and lift boxes weighing up to 20 pounds.
3. Ability to move/set up meeting room tables and audio-visual equipment.
4. Ability to work with a computer in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
5. Ability to sit for extended periods of time throughout the day.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.