JOB OBJECTIVE: Manage the tactical execution of Promega events to include, show services and shipping coordination, vendor and inventory management and all related logistics. Responsible for timely and accurate shipping/receiving of tradeshow materials, packing, scheduling, processing shipments and managing tradeshow inventory. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, arrangement of show services, preparation of coordination of scheduling pickups, tracking shipments, and communicating with carriers and suppliers. Work with Marketing Services team and internal clients to coordinate logistics and deliverables to support global trade show program.
1. Act as main point of contact with Promega's exhibit house to coordinate, manage and communicate design specifications, show transportation and storage of booth property. Exhibit property includes both custom exhibit modules and off-the-shelf property, and other client-owned materials.
2. Identify and complete forms, contracts and paperwork necessary for exhibiting and ordering appropriate show services.
3. Responsible for picking, prepping, packaging and labelling identified booth properties, graphics and accessories and preparing for transport.
4. Coordinate various methods of shipment. Track shipments with freight forwarders, understand dependencies and communicate status to stakeholders. Provide clients with necessary tracking and return shipping documents. Notify appropriate stakeholders of to-show tracking #s.
5. Work closely with Promega’s Distribution Services to coordinate the transportation of materials inventoried at Promega.
6. Manage and understand Promega instrument specifications; track availability and shipping details specific to scientific instrumentation.
7. Act as main shipping contact for Promega items shipping to International Symposium. Partner with stakeholder team, take lead to marshal materials for shipment, organize pallets shipping to warehouse and directly to conference venue and work with distribution services to prepare for transport. Monitor and update team regarding status and delivery of shipments.
8. Responsible for managing the inventory of booth asset event materials including graphic panels, pop-up booths, and all accessories. Includes quality/quantity assessment and associated restocking. Identify, set-up and utilization of inventory management software to track all items owned by individual business units per event and ensure proper care and return. Update In/Out stock status report for all assets.
9. Design and maintain organization of staging area to ensure assets will be available for all upcoming tradeshows. Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
10. Oversee development and maintenance of photo gallery/ intranet database of inventory of available booth property and accessories.
1. Assist in other areas of the Marketing Department, as needed to support the business.
1. Associate’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Communications or related fields.
2. Experience/exposure to tradeshows, events, conferences, exhibits.
3. Experience with shipping logistics.
4. Able to stage and organize concurrent shipments using multiple vendors & sources to a variety of destinations.
5. Demonstrated experience with exhibitor logistics. Understands difference between 3rd party labor and show labor and familiarity with associated EAC forms, familiarity with exhibitor guidelines, experience preparing COI documents.
6. Familiarity with instrumentation specifications and associated shipping logistics.
7. Demonstrated ability to manage projects across multiple stakeholders. This position needs strong organizational and logistical skills across a highly matrixed environment.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal communication skills with a variety of people including team members, internal customers and outside vendors.
9. Ability to utilize a personal computer to accomplish required tasks as outlined above on a continuous daily basis.
10. Experience working with project management system; proficiency in Microsoft Project. Fluency with MS Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint is required.
11. Able to resolve complex issues with minimum supervision.
12. Customer service and conflict resolution skills.
13. Able to work independently and as part of a team.
14. Ability to manage competing priorities and deadline pressures. Flexible, service-minded, detail-oriented, and willing to tackle concurrent tasks and projects as requested.
15. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Ability to regularly move objects weighing up to 40lbs; 100lbs on dolly; 500lbs on pallet jack or wheeled instrument case.
2. Ability to move one’s person easily and constantly.
3. Standing/walking for several hours at a time.
4. Ability to frequently reach and bend.
5. Ability to use computer and telephone equipment.
6. Ability to use small hand tools.
7. Ability to operate a pallet jack.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.