JOB OBJECTIVE: Reports to the Lead Security Officer. Observes and reports activities and incidents, providing for the security and safety of property and personnel. Maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel. Supports Facilities Maintenance staff with observation, communication, and reactive measures during on-duty hours.
1. Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points permitting entry.
2. Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations.
3. Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers, and contacting local law enforcement or first responders when necessary.
4. Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtains signatures.
5. Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
6. Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
7. Observes building environments and communicates irregularities or emergency situations with building systems to Facilities on-call maintenance staff.
8. Responds and reacts immediately to building system irregularities or emergency situations within the training capacity of this job.
9. Monitors building automation system (BAS) alarms during on-duty hours and provides basic level support to Facilities Maintenance staff in response to BAS alarms.
10. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
11. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Assist maintenance and/or custodial staff with managing unexpected building occurrences during security shift hours when called upon.
2. Attend training or company related meetings during normal business hours outside of security shift.
1. High School Diploma or GED required.
2. Registered as a security officer.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, familiarity with report writing.
4. Capable of following complex instructions.
5. Excellent observations skills.
6. Strong interpersonal skill.
7. Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
8. Ability to operate a PC.
9. Must have valid driver’s license.
1. 5 years experience as a security officer.
1. Ability to work 2nd or 3rd shifts along with rotating weekend and holiday schedules.
2. Ability to occasionally move objects ranging in weight up to 100 pounds.
3. Ability to stand and walk for several hours at a time.
4. Ability to drive motorized equipment.
5. Ability to work in varying environmental temperatures.
6. Ability to drive.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.