JOB OBJECTIVE: This position will report to the Promega Facilities Director and will work under the guidance of the facilities designer and facilities engineering staff. This position will support the facilities department computer aided design (CAD) needs by supporting facilities staff in the development and production of CAD drawing documents; developing and implementing CAD file organization and management standards; applying change management protocols and revisions to keep facility drawing documents current; assisting facility designer with project development and execution.
1. Develop and implement facilities CAD file organization and management standards.
• Develop efficient and effective organizational structure of facilities CAD documents within Promega facilities network drive.
• Communicate and cross train facilities staff on the organization of network CAD files to maintain a disciplined approach to maintaining clean organizational file structure.
• Work with Promega IT department to manage document read/write access privileges for Promega staff inside and outside facilities department.
• Provide support to outside design consultants who request access to CAD documentation to ensure they are receiving current and relevant information for Promega projects.
• Work directly with outside design consultants and contractors on the turn over and receipt of as-built record drawing files for completed projects. Ensure that turnover files are in an accessible format and are complete for our needs for record drawing files.
2. Apply change management protocols and revisions to facilities documents.
• Work with Promega Quality Assurance team to develop and implement change management protocols for facilities documents.
• Apply CAD skills to implement revisions to facilities drawing documents.
• Work with Promega facility staff and outside design consultants to incorporate new project CAD documents into existing content to produce a consistent and accessible set of facilities record drawings.
3. Assist Facility Designer and Engineering staff with project development and execution.
• Develop CAD documents for in-house facility space planning projects including space modifications and furniture layouts.
• Under the guidance of the facility designer, work with Promega internal customers, vendors, designers and contractors to develop project documentation.
• Develop CAD documents for in-house building systems projects including architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and control system projects.
• Incorporate in-house project documents into existing record drawing documents to maintain current and accessible facilities record drawings.
• As project skill sets develop, this position may include basic level project management assignments under the direction of Facility Designer and Engineering staff.
4. Provide advanced CAD technical support.
• Provide AutoCAD cross training and technical assistance for facilities staff.
• Perform CAD operations using AutoCAD for new and existing drawings in the facilities department.
• Work with IT department and equipment vendor to maintain operation of facilities plotting and printing equipment.
5. Attend relevant outside training opportunities to maintain CAD skills as technology and software changes.
6. Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
7. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in related field.
2. Formal training in advanced AutoCAD operations.
3. Capable of following complex instructions.
4. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Ability to read blueprints and interpret facility drawings and details.
1. 5 years experience advanced AutoCAD operations with facility related work.
2. Training and/or experience with Autodesk Revit 3D building modeling.
3. Experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
1. Ability to drive.
2. Ability to occasionally work in building mechanical and utility environments.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.