JOB OBJECTIVE: This position will have responsibility for the development of a donor relations strategy and the implementation and management of a communication and engagement program, with particular focus on the current research and development funding priorities of Usona. The successful candidate will thoughtfully manage and cultivate donor relationships (including the stewardship of existing ones), and will be able to collaborate with scientific and organizational leadership to successfully secure funding to enable Usona’s current and long term medical research mission.
1. Identify, cultivate, and bring closure to both verbal and written commitments.
2. Steward, inform, and manage a group of prospects and donors in order to secure major gifts in support of the funding priorities of Usona.
3. Support ongoing donor relations activities of key scientific and leadership initiatives including events, meetings, communications, and other engagement activities, including partnering with other organizations and engaging with appropriate scientific knowledge experts, where appropriate.
4. Continue to build, develop, and maintain effective and consistent internal and external communications with donors/prospects.
5. Develop and maintain prospect identification tools to link potential donors with Usona--including the use and optimization of an internal CRM/database system--to ensure all prospect and donor activities are properly documented.
6. Manage major donor stewardship, including the creation and distribution of regular and timely progress reports to support funding priorities.
7. Work collaboratively with marketing and communication staff to develop a variety of materials for increasing awareness of Usona mission and related funding priorities.
8. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
2. Five or more years’ relevant experience in marketing, communication, business, sales, non-profit management, or a related field.
3. Demonstrated experience in major gift development.
4. Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
5. Self-directed, team player who has a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task.
6. Ability to authentically convey the emotional and societal impact of Usona’s research.
7. Ability to work effectively with a variety of executive leadership and administrative team members.
8. Ability to meet travel requirements and/or work remotely.
9. Experience in a non-profit or research-based organization preferred.
1. Ability to use phone and computer equipment.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.