JOB OBJECTIVE: To provide quality labware preparation services to all Manufacturing and R&D Departments in a timely and efficient manner. To provide support to department supervisor and oversee departmental projects.
1. Operate labware equipment according to departmental operation and safety guidelines.
2. Manufacture materials according to approved protocols and standard operating procedures. This includes materials such as buffers and solutions of various sizes.
3. Operate pH meters, conductivity meters, balances, autoclaves, peristaltic pumps, vacuum pumps, filtering apparatus and laboratory mixing equipment.
4. Plan and maintain stock room supplies, stock all items used in area of responsibility.
5. Dispense stock solutions in various size bottles from bulk containers, label and autoclave.
6. Leads teams and takes responsibility for communicating needs to complete tasks and assure quality.
7. Keep work areas clean and free from clutter.
8. Plan daily schedule according to incoming requests.
9. Identify unsafe situations, processes or procedures and report them as appropriate.
10. Ability to identify needs or problems and to communicate proper courses of action on various cleaning issues and follows through to assure completion.
11. Recommend and initiate changes to Standard Operating Procedures.
12. Maintain accurate daily activity logs and batch records.
13. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Provides backup in several areas of department.
2. Complete process orders for various size vials on an as needed basis.
3. Complete shop orders for various Solutions and Bulk Products.
4. Process Special Request from scientists as needed.
5. Assist in compiling information and data for special reports.
6. Assist in specific projects as required and assigned.
7. Maintain and order departmental supplies as needed.
8. Assist with training of others in the proper and safe use of all equipment.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Demonstrate a continuous willingness to be flexible with regard to job activities and associated scheduling.
3. Works independently with moderate supervision and with other team members.
4. Must be able to use in-house software (Microsoft Office and ERP) to perform general duties.
5. Good communication skills to interact with all Promega personnel and ability to communicate effectively regarding the particular cleaning needs and requirements of various labs.
1. Previous work experience in glassware preparation within a laboratory setting.
2. Knowledge and/or course-work in biological sciences or chemistry.
3. A self-directed individual to work efficiently & accurately with strong customer service.
1. Standing, walking and bending on a continuous basis as well as going up and down stairs.
2. Ability to work in limited space areas.
3. Ability to operate washing and drying labware equipment.
4. Ability to safely handle and transport glassware and labware items up to 300 liters in size and weighing up to 50 pounds for several hours per week.
5. Hand dexterity to assemble vials in trays.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.