JOB OBJECTIVE: As Promega continues to develop its history the archivist is responsible for collecting, organizing, describing and preserving of all corporate materials to contribute to the larger story. Corporate materials include physical and digital assets not limited to: documents, articles, photographs, publications, awards, video, and audio. Organization of corporate materials for easy reference, metadata and preservation in all formats. Share the history of Promega internally to employees to build the knowledge of the company globally. This role also engages in research and providing internal and external information throughout the company.
1. Manage ongoing preservation of digital and physical assets in accordance with best practices.
2. Establish and implement corporate archive procedures throughout the company globally including physical and digital materials.
3. Develop and implement a plan and method for locating and acquiring materials company wide.
4. Scan, organize and digitize print assets into Digital Asset Management System.
5. Assemble the corporate collection and create a system for departments looking to access files including, but not limited to:
a. Descriptive metadata
b. Accessioning and Deaccessioning
c. User guide
d. Physical and digital archive organization
6. Clean up irrelevant data in Digital Asset Management system and physical archives.
7. Gather and share stories of where Promega has been throughout the years to continue to fuel our culture and communication objectives.
8. Track corporate art inventory through the campus. Including purchases, branch gifts and other art as needed.
9. Provide search services to departments exploring emerging information by identifying strong sources. Synthesize themes, key points and ideas for further exploration by delivering a summary to the requestor.
1. Collaborate with other media asset management users in other departments.
2. Assist with other Corporate Affairs projects as assigned.
3. As archiving work constantly morphs setting goals and milestones with material and needs of the company. As such, it will be important to set project milestones and to regularly determine priorities of current work.
4. Foster a supportive and dynamic work environment, Promega embraces the principles of emotional and social intelligence (ESI). All employees are invited to be lifelong learners and remain open and curious about themselves, the people they interact with and their work. We believe embracing a spirit of ESI will support important personal growth and organizational success.
5. Understand and comply with all elements of the Promega Quality System outlined for the position.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field of studies, Library Science, Information Studies, Records Management or History.
2. 3-5 years of archival experience.
3. As the official archives for the company, materials must have accurate, organized and detailed information.
4. Holds curiosity and drive to understand the story behind the artifacts and items that pulls in institutional knowledge of the company.
5. Continue to develop emotional intelligence and is able to demonstrate empathy and understanding in daily communication and interactions.
6. Solid communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
7. Ability to analyze project requirements and report on work progress.
8. Proficiency with computers and basic level of proficiency in working with new technical equipment.
9. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner.
1. Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Photoshop and Digital Asset Management systems.
2. Customer service etiquette.
1. Ability to work with computer, audio-visual and other technology equipment.
2. Ability to occasionally move boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
3. Ability to move/set-up meeting room tables.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.