JOB OBJECTIVE: The Promega Customer Experience (CuE) Program facilitates customers and collaborators direct, on-site, contact to the leadership, researcher and service teams of the company. The CuE Scientist contributes to the growth and execution of a customer-centric visitor program. The Liaison ensures a memorable and meaningful experience for prospective customers, collaborators and leadership candidates visiting Promega Madison and/or working with Promega scientists for the first time. Careful listening and a working understanding of existing and emerging academic or industry lab technologies provide an experience that meets the unique scientific interests of each visitor. Primary duties include leading comprehensive meeting preparation, serving as on-site host, and collecting follow-up for program analysis. Must have engaging personality, detail-minded planning practices, good presentation skills and basic scientific skillset as it relates to the products and services offered by Promega.
1. Leading content prep:
a. Coordinate with requesting Promega staff and client to ensure visitor interests are being addressed.
b. Coordinate development of all preparation which includes reviewing and finalizing briefing document, itinerary, and agenda.
c. Work with Corporate Hospitality team to ensure logistics are set and focused on unique needs of the visitor
d. Serve as corporate host throughout the visit. Prompt meeting discussions when necessary to bring out relevant information for guests.
e. Participate in scientific discussions at a general level. Follow-up with clarifying questions to ensure guest is receiving the expected information.
f. When needed to prepare for a visit, research ahead of time on technologies, cultural needs, market status, confidentiality information (CDA/MTA/NDA).
g. In cooperation with the Scientific Training Team, incorporate demo room and laboratory experiments when appropriate.
2. Work with sales and marketing teams to generate and explore leads for CuE prospects:
a. Attend sales and SBU meetings to regularly provide updates on successful visits to help illustrate and promote the opportunity.
b. Together identify best lead generating scenarios to bring in the best prospects.
c. Manage a prospects list and regularly check in to client reps to determine likelihood of a visit.
d. Coordinate hosting mini-symposiums to promote key opinion leader sharing at different accounts.
e. Work with sales team to integrate CuE follow-up activity into CRM to improve tracking metrics.
3. Provide guidelines and guidance to Promega staff to ensure best outcomes:
a. Regular check-ins via email and phone to prepare Promega participants.
b. Work with staff when needed (either directly or through a third party) to improve their presentation skills and meeting presence.
c. Develop protocol for participants on do’s/don’ts during a visit.
4. Develop tools to track and report on visits:
a. Work with Corporate Hospitality Manager to maintain dashboard report on incoming visits. Continually improve process workflow.
b. Evolve preparatory communications to a shared platform for anytime access to prep and agenda
c. Analyze and act on implications from follow-up surveys to improve the program.
d. Regularly report out to Promega leadership on CuE visit activity.
e. Provide on-going analysis of program success rate.
f. Stay apprised of latest techniques and methods of gold-standard briefing program.
5. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Occasional travel to serve as host for aviation’s service.
1. B.S. degree in either biochemistry, organic chemistry, biology, or molecular biology
2. Experience on planning and executing meetings, marketing events/and or other briefings.
3. Business sensibility to develop and analyze program activity and its contribution to business priorities.
4. Customer-facing work experience such as customer service, sales, sales support, training, product marketing or events.
5. Working knowledge of basic science techniques and familiarity with related tools and technologies used by academic and industry researchers in all markets such as human identity and clinical diagnostics, basic science, and pharma/biotech.
6. Exceptional communication, organizational skills and professionalism required for executive-level meetings.
7. Project management experience with ability to adjust to changing priorities and handle multiple projects at once.
8. Skills in using MS Outlook, PowerPoint, MS word, Excel and other office productivity tools.
1. Masters in Biotechnology or related field preferred.
1. Ability to use telephone and computer equipment.
2. Ability to drive.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.