JOB OBJECTIVE: To accurately and expediently process quotations, custom order requests and all related documentation to ensure timely and efficient service to our customers; to build relationships with customers by providing value-added service in the custom/bulk processing of orders; to act as champion of any custom orders through Promega to insure the successful completion of our commitment to the customer, to meet or exceed all aspects of Promega’s Quality Policy.
1. Manage the collection of all pertinent information necessary for the creation of responses to requests for Custom Orders.
2. Create accurate and timely Quotation and Custom Order documents.
3. Enter and maintain orders in Promega’s ERP system.
4. Process Custom Orders – work with other depts. as needed to assure product supply to meet customer requirements, obtain pricing, co-ordinate scheduling of all custom dispensings/kittings, obtain label disclaimers, conduct kick-off meetings for Type II/III orders, report errors.
5. Maintain databases/files relating to Quotes and Custom Orders.
6. Handle customer service needs after the shipment of a Custom Order (such as returns, invoice adjustments, requests for PPI’s, etc).
7. Report any customer complaints per Promega’s Complaint Handling Procedures.
8. Represent the department in cross-department initiatives.
9. Assist in resolving problems with the processing of Custom Orders; identify and recommend changes to improve the process.
10. Ensure that customers receive the best possible service on all Custom Orders.
11. Maintain and promote a high quality Custom Order philosophy within the dept.
12. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Prepare for and conduct Custom Order meetings.
2. Work on special projects for management, as needed.
1. BS in life sciences, related fields or equivalent experience
2. Computer ability with Excel, Windows, Word and general PC based systems.
3. Strong oral and written communication skills.
4. Strong organizational skills and an attention to details.
5. Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
6. Experience with and/or knowledge of production processes – Quotation, customer master, order entry, bill of material, shop order, lots, purchase requisitions, quality system, customer complaints, etc.
7. Custom production environment experience.
8. Project management experience.
1. At least 3 years OEM or sales experience, in the biotech/life science market place.
2. Demonstrated negotiating skills.
3. Working familiarity with SAP ERP software.
1. Ability to use the phone, computer and other general office equipment.
2. Ability to sit at desk for long periods of time.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.