Promega Biosciences is seeking a qualified individual to extract details from previously completed manufacturing procedures, and create a database of the data. This internship is a paid, full-time intern, starting as soon as possible and lasting approximately 2 months. Part-time will be considered.
- Successfully completed a college level science course
- Have excellent reading comprehension
- Have high attention to detail when it comes to reading technical information
- Having a general knowledge of Excel is a plus
- The ideal candidate will have successfully completed a college level laboratory course in organic chemistry
The work done by the Manufacturing Intern will support the generation of a database that will be comprised of various historical process data. These data will be manually extracted from approximately 400 previously completed manufacturing procedures and will be used for estimating future requirements with regard to both the design of a new facility and the process for planning the transition of manufacturing from existing building to a new facility.
- Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, or move objects up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work in an office environment utilizing a computer workstation
- Manual dexterity and sensory capabilities to read printed data.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including protective eyewear/goggles, face shield, respirators, lab coats, aprons, protective gloves, safety shoes, or other PPE as required.
Promega Biosciences, located in San Luis Obispo, blends innovative research in chemistry with excellence in manufacturing to meet the rapidly changing needs of the scientific community. We synthesize and manufacture essential reagents to help Promega succeed as a life science leader.
Our areas of expertise include synthesis, process design and scale-up, and commercial manufacturing (grams to kilograms) of modified luciferins and coelenterazines. These pro-bioluminescent products aid in life science research. We bring pride, passion, and purpose to our work and the products we provide.
Promega Biosciences offers its employees a work environment that encourages creativity, work-life balance, and personal and professional growth. We support community involvement and are committed to being good stewards and reducing our impact on the environment. Promega fosters a positive, fun, and warm family culture. To learn more about our values, please visit our Corporate Responsibility website.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including comprehensive medical insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k matching, company-paid life insurance, time-off benefits, and more.
Our San Luis Obispo facility is at the heart of California’s beautiful central coast. San Luis Obispo is a destination for wine aficionados, nature lovers, and pleasure-seekers alike. You might enjoy views of the Pacific Ocean from one of our scenic Nine Sisters, a chain of volcanic peaks that run along the coast. Or, spend a day gallivanting around the many wineries, local boutiques, and renowned restaurants in the area. Proclaimed as the “happiest town in the USA”, our community provides a rich and rewarding place to live and play. To learn more about San Luis Obispo, check out the VisitSLO website.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.