This is a part-time, 20 hour/week position.
JOB OBJECTIVE: To provide laboratory support services to the IVD Quality Control Department.
1. Follow laboratory standard operating procedures and safety guidelines.
2. Works under direct supervision. Does not direct the work of others.
3. Must be able to use in-house computer and instrument software to perform duties.
4. Maintain accurate and timely test records.
5. Work in an environmentally controlled manufacturing environment (e.g. clean room).
6. Safely and correctly utilize laboratory equipment for environmental contaminant testing.
7. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Processing special requests from scientists as needed.
2. Maintain and order departmental supplies as needed.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Flexibility with regard to job activities and associated scheduling.
3. A positive attitude toward work activities and willingness to accept direction and advice.
4. Punctuality and the ability to maintain a good attendance record.
5. Documentation skills & ability to maintain accurate daily activity logs and test records.
6. Works cooperatively with others, is a good team member able to work through conflict and maintain productive relationships.
7. Valid driver's license and personal vehicle for occasional transportation between buildings.
1. Previous work experience in a manufacturing or laboratory setting.
2. Knowledge and/or course-work in biological sciences, microbiology, chemistry or clean manufacturing.
3. A self-directed individual to work efficiently & accurately with strong customer service.
1. Standing, walking and bending on a continuous basis as well as going up and down stairs.
2. Ability to work in limited space areas.
3. Ability to work while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (e.g. gowning, gloves, mask)
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.