JOB OBJECTIVE: Develop, plan, communicate, execute, and monitor worldwide commercialization strategies (short and long-term) and marketing tactics for the SBU portfolio and customer segments using clearly defined goals, objectives, critical success factors, timelines, budgets and metrics. Responsible for managing the programs, events, and communications about our products and services to internal and external customers in a defined market segment.
1. Develop and implement cohesive go-to-market strategies and commercialization tactics for the portfolio of products that drive revenue growth in the target SBU market segment and customer segments.
2. Knowledge of various sales channels including direct, distribution, electronic or non-sales force dependent alternatives.
3. Propose strategy and obtain buy-in from Product Manager(s), Global Strategic Marketing Manager, Branch Marketing, R&D, and Director/SBU Leader on marketing communication plans. Define and manage tactical plans for marketing communications: website refinement, e-marketing campaigns, printed brochures, sales tools, press releases, customer appreciation programs and public relations to meet business objectives, deadlines and budget.
4. Develop, communicate and implement, , global commercial marketing plans including market research, situation analysis, product/technology positioning and elements of marketing mix (product, price, promotion, distribution) to create competitive advantages. Develop and execute:
a. Product/technology value proposition.
b. Detailed tactical plans and metrics for product launches and legacy products.
c. Marketing collateral in support of new and legacy products.
d. Campaigns / themes and support tools for trade shows and conferences.
e. Competitor analysis and recommendations for strategic counter tactics
5. Collaborates with Product Management and Marketing Services to define segment-specific product or workflow value proposition, positioning and marketing communications messaging, and promotional tactics to maximize product portfolio revenue. Uses input from customer needs and competitive landscape.
6. Lead logistics for development of materials and campaign/theme selection for global or regional promotions. Collaborate with sales channels on requests for special promotional programs or training; work with internal marketing and technical staff to evaluate requests and recommend/implement action plans.
7. Network with sales, branches, distributors and customers to understand needs/motivators to use for developing the most effective regional and global promotions. Collaborate with sales management to plan and coordinate product/technology commercialization efforts aligned with marketing strategies.
8. Develop and deliver training and presentations about campaigns/promotions and marketing strategy to and from branches, direct sales, distributors and/or internal staff.
9. Identify metrics and measure effectiveness of marketing tools and programs. Create and communicate metrics including ROI for all promotional programs.
10. Initiate, develop and implement direct market research activities; surveys, focus groups, competitive profile summaries and reports. Analyze results, recommends strategic direction, goals and objectives.
11. Lead strategy for external customer training events and industry-specific conferences. Event examples include: Promega Workshops/Roadshows, US regional meetings, ERIM, ProCon Asia, European Working Group Meetings, etc.
12. Manage the Business Unit’s revenue and/or expense budgeting process. Creates the budget for assigned areas associated with commercialization tactics. Analyze expense results, trend lines, identification and explanation of exception items, and proposal for current year budget based on strategic initiatives.
13. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Support SBU management for special projects or duties.
2. The individual may also have accountability for certain Product Management, Global Strategic Marketing activities associated with the portfolio.
1. BS in life science field required.
2. MBA or equivalent business and marketing experience.
3. 5 or more years experience in life science marketing.
4. Ability to comprehend and present intermediate level molecular biology techniques.
5. In-depth understanding of marketing functions including strategic and tactical marketing, marketing communications, market research, product management, distribution channels, competitive intelligence and customer relationship management.
6. Strong public speaking skills needed to represent Promega at external meetings, conferences and organizations. Able to present high-level information for multiple audiences based on analysis and facts.
7. Attend industry trainings, workshops, conferences, focus groups and other activities associated with commercialization tactics as a presenter or Promega representative. May be required to give technical presentations about Promega products and services
8. Proven ability to analyze issues, think strategically and creatively and execute innovative ideas in the target market segment.
9. Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to work on multiple detailed projects and assignments simultaneously and independently.
11. Proficient in Windows PC based environment and MS Office.
1. Five or more years’ experience in marketing management of molecular biology products or services.
2. Global knowledge of local cultures and business practices needed to successfully market to the applied sciences market segments.
3. Sales experience.
1. Ability to move boxes up to 25 pounds.
2. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to use computer and telecommunications equipment.
4. Ability to travel as needed, domestic and globally.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.