JOB OBJECTIVE: The Digital Asset Manager will maintain and promote our global Digital Asset Management (DAM) system. They will be the lead in areas of strategy, user experience, technical system maintenance, marketing global processes and procedures, communications, metadata creation and consistency, training, and user support. This person will be responsible for managing, mentoring, reviewing, sharing and enforcing best practices within the company.
1. Lead overall strategy, workflow, user experience and promotion of the Digital Asset Management system.
2. Create, communicate and maintain goveranance, processes and procedures. Act as a facilitator across global departments to ensure the system is set up according to the different teams/departments' needs.
3. Manage all administrative functions and maintain the DAM system (register internal and external users, perform maintenance and upgrades, maintain accurate procedures and records for the system, manage permissions, manage relationship with provider including contract and budget).
4. Lead planning and development of system enhancements. Use data analytics to track performance to goals and benchmarks and identify opportunities for development.
5. Upload, organize, communicate and curate assets for various business needs throughout the company (create collections, portals, spotlight searches and other as needed).
6. Identify and train various global marketing asset creators to efficiently and effectively upload assets into the system. Provide ongoing training as needed.
7. Develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders across the company to understand and meet evolving business needs.
8. Ensure system is running at peak performance (Improve search functionality, perform scheduled audits, archive expired assets and general cleanup of system) and gather metrics and user feedback to continue to improve the system, processes and training.
9. Champion iterative change as the fastest path to improved experiences.
10. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Upload assets to the DAM system and assist users by fulfilling asset requests and guiding through asset searches.
2. Provide asset download reports and metrics analysis.
3. Explore integration of DAM system with content management system and sales tools.
4. Challenge status quo, introduce and champion new ideas via sharing, presenting and influencing.
1. Bachelors Degree, preferred majors: Library Science, Archive Management or Information Systems.
2. 3-5 years experience in a DAM System.
3. Strong knowledge of DAM systems, metadata taxonomy, databases, copyright and rights management issues, SEO best practices, strategy principles and concepts for assets and digital content.
4. Experience with project workflow, basic design/production knowledge of various file types.
5. Effective decision making, strong analytical and creative problem solving skills. Adept at extracting meaningful insights from multiple sources of data.
6. Strategic planner that possesses global vision and can communicate well with leaders and associates in every discipline. Can speak with and influence partners.
7. Demonstrated ability to work individually and collaboratively in a team environment.
8. Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
9. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
10. Foster a supportive and dynamic work environment, Promega embraces the principles of emotional and social intelligence (ESI). All employees are invited to be lifelong learners and remain open and curious about themselves, the people they interact with and their work. We believe embracing a spirit of ESI will support important personal growth and organizational success.
1. Masters Degree in Library and Information Science.
2. Working knowledge of Widen DAM System, Microsoft office and Adobe Creative software.
3. Project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
1. Ability to work with computer, audio-visual and other technology equipment.
2. Ability to occasionally move boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
3. Ability to move/set-up meeting room tables.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.