JOB OBJECTIVE: Marketing Services operates as an in-house agency to provide internal clients with total strategic and creative expertise across multiple platforms. With necessary strategic and creative direction, the Graphic Designer will conceptualize and design graphics for marketing assets including: advertising, technical/corporate communications, trade show experience, corporate website, microsites/landing pages, emails and other dynamic resources. The role will also work as part of cross functional teams with opportunities for project leadership.
1. Builds and maintains a consistent brand image through creative conceptualization, design, layout, illustration and photography for a variety of deliverables. This work is done independently and in conjunction with other designers and marketing team members to transition to vendors, developers, email, marketing systems, etc.
2. Collaborate with cross-functional project teams to develop goal-oriented, integrated marketing campaigns for strategic business units.
3. Research and understand products, content, customers, business objectives/strategy, competitor analysis and methods of communication.
4. Create design comps to effectively present concepts and deliverables.
5. Share ideas, contribute to processes and procedures, and identify areas for improvement that leverage best practices, new technology, and latest industry related market.
6. Drive multiple projects forward, while ensuring designs consistently meet standards and results are delivered within the project scope.
7. Exhibit a solid design point-of-view and effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale.
8. Provide effective design using: Macintosh OSX with Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat, PC platform with Microsoft Office Suite.
9. Utilize typography, color theory, UI/UX design and layout principles for print and digital design.
10. Produce digital photography as necessary.
11. Manage and prepare files for print, review printer proofs and press approvals before release.
12. Manage, maintain and archive graphic files using digital asset management system.
13. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Be conceptually-minded, curious and creative.
2. Highly-organized: ability to manage time and portfolio of work. Detail oriented in all aspects of a job.
3. Be collaborative: Work as a team with fellow designers, writers, clients, and vendors.
4. Demonstrate the ability to act on own initiative.
5. Demonstrate the ability to problem solve and offer insightful recommendations.
6. Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules.
7. Must value feedback; able and willing to seek suggestions from peers and associates.
8. Ability to manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, prioritize goals and properly estimate time for work.
9. Refined typography skills.
10. Knowledge of digital photography equipment and post production image manipulation.
11. Demonstrate awareness of graphic/marketing trends and interest in innovative methods of creating original communications. Ability to adapt to new technologies and processes.
12. Ability to collaborate on digital and interactive projects; comfortable working across a variety of platforms.
13. Be a great communicator and listener; have confidence and ability to express and present.
14. Research and analyze trends in content and opportunities for storytelling innovation.
15. Creative command of writing and grammar.
16. Commitment to establishing a valued brand with a “service minded” attitude.
17. Demonstrate the ability and willingness to build and maintain positive relationships.
18. Bolster brand positioning objectives and amplify key brand attributes in every piece of content produced.
1. Travel to vendor sites to supervise quality control of contracted services.
2. Site visits to customer locations and industry related tradeshows; attend conferences for professional development.
3. Instruct and assist other Promega staff in the use of Macintosh and PC based hardware and software.
1. Minimum of an Associate Degree in commercial/graphic arts or electronic publishing. 3-5 years professional design experience.
2. Demonstrated ability to create conceptual designs and execute digital deliverables. Need to have clean, precise graphic skills. Able to follow instructions with attention to detail.
3. Ability to work with a variety of internal and external customers and disciplines including scientific (R&D), legal, marketing, manufacturing, logistics, maintenance and administrative personnel. Must be able to communicate effectively with outside vendors to facilitate the timely completion of a variety of projects.
4. 3-5 years experience in the use of Macintosh and PC based computers and software.
5. Complete working knowledge of Mac-based OSX Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat, MS Office.
1. BA or BFA degree preferred.
2. Up to five years training/experience in the application of graphic design skills.
3. Up to five years industry experience with Macintosh/PC based computers and software, digital printing.
4. Experience with project management software and digital asset management systems.
1. Ability to utilize a personal computer to accomplish required tasks as outlined above on a continuous daily basis.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.