JOB OBJECTIVE: Promega's Information Technology team is looking for a dynamic, independent individual to join our software development team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES-If you join the team you’ll get to:
1. Create and support ecommerce, line of business and custom solutions for global internal and external customers.
2. Create, support, and consume REST and SOAP web services.
3. Create solutions using a solid understanding of object-oriented design and programming.
4. Create solutions using the latest Microsoft technologies including C#, ASP.NET, WCF and other service technologies as well as UX technologies such as WPF/XAML and others.
5. Work with client technologies such as HTML5, CSS, jQuery.
6. Write applications for a variety of clients including web, desktop, embedded and mobile.
7. Continuously improve skills to look forward to future solutions while maintaining and improving current solutions.
8. Utilize Microsoft development, unit test and ALM tools to support application SDLC.
9. Suggest, prove and implement improvements for web sites and services using the latest Microsoft tools.
10. Deliver software working in an Agile or a more traditional project management methodology.
11. Work in an environment that provides substantial daily technical challenges without chaos while promoting work/life balance.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS-Successful candidate is:
1. A C# .NET developer with experience in ASP.NET and Web Services.
2. Passionate about DevOps and how it can be used to improve efficiencies/processes.
3. Experienced with integration & eCommerce/eBusiness concepts.
4. Familiar with best practices for securing web services, web applications, mobile applications, and internal business applications.
5. A skilled technologist with the ability to effectively express technological concepts to stakeholders and someone who uses technology to best meet project objectives.
6. Effective at advocating and applying best practice usability and user experience practices in projects.
7. Attentive to security issues related to code and able to write secure code.
8. One who uses software testing methodologies including automated testing in their work.
9. Microsoft Azure experience a plus.
1. BS/BA Degree.
2. Possess ability to earn appropriate and relevant industry certifications for the positions held. (For example, MCSD, SAP developer, Navision developer, SQL DBA cert, etc.)
1. Ability to work with telephone and computer equipment.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.