JOB OBJECTIVE: The Global Commercialization Marketing Manager will develop and execute marketing initiatives and campaigns for a broad portfolio of cellular, biochemical and molecular assays used in life science research, drug development and cell therapy.
1. Learn and maintain a high-level understanding of the biologics drug discovery market.
2. Work across R&D and business teams to develop and communicate cohesive messaging around Promega technology and product alignment with customer workflow.
3. Using inputs from market intelligence, voice of customer and competitive landscape, develop market segment-specific product/portfolio positioning and value proposition.
4. Develop and execute integrated, multi-channel marketing initiatives and campaigns to increase awareness and drive adoption of Promega technologies and products in targeted market segments.
5. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and execute go-to-market strategies to support new product commercialization including: market/customer segmentation, product/portfolio positioning and messaging, creative concept development, and tactic execution.
6. Lead the development and execution of tactical plans to support strategic initiatives (e.g. event calendar, media plan, training activities, etc.).
7. Interact with varying levels of scientific and technical audiences including direct customer communication, KOLs, collaborators, co-marketing and business partners.
8. Initiate, develop and implement direct market research activities including surveys, focus groups, competitive profile summaries and reports. Analyze results, recommend strategic direction, goals and objectives.
9. Communicate global marketing initiatives, strategies and tactics within the organization. Liaise with regional marketing managers to support the development and execution of marketing initiatives and campaigns within their regions.
10. Identify and track relevant metrics to measure the effectiveness of marketing initiatives, campaigns and tactics.
11. Prepare and deliver oral and written communications of metrics, successes, failures, best practices, etc.
12. Manage the Business Unit’s expense budgeting process. Create the budget for assigned areas associated with commercialization tactics. Analyze expense results, trend lines, identification and explanation of exception items, and proposal for current year budget based on strategic initiatives.
13. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. 5+ years of experience developing and executing marketing strategies, campaigns and tactics in the life science industry.
2. Ability to comprehend and present intermediate level cell and molecular biology concepts.
3. Strong marketing acumen and experience in life science customer segmentation, technology and product positioning, competitive analysis, staging and pacing of tactical programs.
4. Demonstrated success in the development and execution of digital marketing campaigns and tactics.
5. Experience in developing and executing go-to-market plans to support new product commercialization; understanding of new product commercialization process.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Experience and confidence to converse with a broad scientific and technical audience including internal customers (e.g. project teams, global branches, senior management) and external customers (e.g. bench scientists, lab managers, KOLs, business partners).
8. Exceptional problem solving skills and the ability to find ‘out-of-the-box’ solutions.
9. Critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze situations or statements and determine their validity.
10. Ability to work within diverse and cross-functional teams in a matrix environment. This role requires collaboration across functional areas and departments to realize business goals. This individual will be expected to drive consensus and facilitate decision making.
11. Ability to prioritize and deliver on commitments in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment.
12. Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
1. Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, microbiology or related discipline.
2. Experience in marketing life science technologies and products to the pharma/biotech industry.
3. Experience working in a global organization with international branches and/or distributors.
1. Ability to use computer and telecommunications equipment.
2. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to move boxes up to 25 pounds.
4. Ability to travel as needed, domestic and international.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.