JOB OBJECTIVE: Plan and execute the product portfolio pipeline, sales support, and program management of assigned product line(s) or technologies.
Serve as Marketing Representative on a cross-functional product development team. Develop new product market assessments, lead product requirements, voice of customer (VOC) and go to market strategies.
1. Develop accurate product forecasts.
2. Provide input to the design of worldwide promotional campaigns.
3. Translate desired features and customer benefits into a value proposition.
4. Collaborate with operations, engineering or appropriate business area to determine product packaging.
5. Conduct analysis and recommend list price.
6. As appropriate, prepare and/or deliver product training materials for internal and customer training sessions.
7. Review and approve product technical material.
Product Life Cycle Management
8. Execute post-launch review metrics, evaluation of product performance in customer’s hands and voice of customer (VOC).
9. Perform financial review of product performance, competitive positioning in the market, market share gains, wins/losses and best practices.
10. Regular review of product positioning, value to the customer, competitive situation and market trends.
11. Manage response to customer complaints with cross-functional teams.
12. Plan and manage trade shows, symposia, and other customer-focused events.
13. Produce product/technology marketing plans and ensures plans align with other parts of the company.
14. Provide input for the development of tactical plans for established marketing strategies with the Commercialization and/or Strategic Marketing Manager. Where appropriate, develop and deploy marketing collateral in support of existing products.
15. Develop forecasts for marketing, sales and manufacturing.
16. Establish product/technology differentiation, positioning and value proposition.
17. Liaison between sales, operations, technical support, legal and technical product development team.
18. Write customer-focused requirements in language appropriate for internal design and execution.
19. Prepare and give presentations on marketing and sales strategies and product performance.
20. Maintain network of internal and external business contacts. Network with customers to understand technical needs, trends and future products. Builds long-term relationships with customers, stakeholders and/or key opinion leaders.
21. Build network of advisors within the sales force. Assists in sales calls or closing sales, when appropriate.
22. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Identify and appraise commercial opportunities and risks.
2. Appraise internal business capabilities.
3. Prepare background material and interpret external trends.
4. Translate corporate direction and strategic goals into product portfolio decisions.
5. Understand and apply financial concepts of net present value, budget and forecasting processes.
1. B.S. in life sciences..
2. 3 or more years life sciences industry related experience in Product and/or Marketing.
3. Highly motivated self-starter with strong bias for action result-orientation; tackles tough problems with firm deadlines.
4. Experience with new product development process including product launch and commercialization..
5. Communicate and negotiate effectively with several levels of co-workers and external contacts, both in writing and verbally. Adapt style and approach to suit different audiences. Build rapport and gain support/commitment. Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
6. Knowledge of manufacturing process, inventory management, and distribution logistics.
7. Effectively and efficiently prioritize multiple projects and resources based on an awareness of business goals and priorities
8. Proven ability to analyze issues, think strategically and creatively and execute innovative ideas in the target market segment.
1. M.S. or Ph.D. in life science with concentrated training in specified area.
2. Three or more years’ experience in life science product and/or marketing management.
3. MBA or equivalent desired.
4. Preferred experience working with international branch or distributor marketing organization to effect global product launch, positioning and promotion.
5. Understanding of product life cycle and application to product portfolio.
6. Business fundamentals in strategy, financial analysis and planning, and marketing.
1. Ability to use telephone equipment.
2. Ability to use computer equipment and basic software (preparing documents, email, scheduling).
3. Ability to travel.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.