JOB OBJECTIVE: The Global Product Manager will have business ownership for assigned product groups within a rapidly growing portfolio of innovative cell-based and biochemical assays designed for use in life science research, drug development and cell therapy.
Product Portfolio Strategy
1. Learn and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the biologics drug discovery market.
2. Communicate market trends and dynamics relevant to product portfolio strategy.
3. Provide marketing input into the development of product portfolio strategy.
4. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop the business case for new products.
New Product Development
1. Serve as the business owner for new product development within the portfolio.
2. Translate market intelligence and voice of customer into new product requirements.
3. Provide commercial inputs during the new product realization process.
4. Lead the development and communication of new product commercialization plans.
5. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to execute new product commercialization plans.
Product Life Cycle Management
1. For existing and new products, educate internal and external stakeholders on product features, advantages and benefits.
2. Deliver product training and marketing/sales collateral to global branches as needed.
3. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and execute marketing initiatives and campaigns focused on target market segments.
4. Represent product portfolio at relevant tradeshows, symposia, and other customer events.
5. Develop and maintain a network of KOLs, collaborators, co-marketing and business partners to drive product adoption.
6. Perform routine assessment of product positioning, pricing, forecast, and competition.
7. Adjust commercial strategies and tactics if needed to deliver on business plan objectives.
8. Analyze and report product performance metrics to the organization.
9. Assume responsibility for revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives of the portfolio.
10. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. B.S./M.S./Ph.D. degree in cell biology, protein biochemistry, molecular biology or related field.
2. 3+ years of experience in the life science industry in a product management, marketing or related role.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Experience and confidence to converse with a broad scientific and technical audience including internal customers (e.g. project teams, global branches, senior management) and external customers (e.g. bench scientists, lab managers, KOLs, business partners).
5. Exceptional problem solving skills and the ability to find ‘out-of-the-box’ solutions.
6. Critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze situations or statements and determine their validity.
7. Ability to work within diverse and cross-functional teams in a matrix environment. This role requires collaboration across functional areas and departments to realize business goals. This individual will be expected to drive consensus and facilitate decision making.
8. Ability to prioritize and deliver on commitments in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment.
9. Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
1. Scientific expertise in cell biology, immunology, vaccines and/or cell & gene therapy.
2. Technical expertise in cell-based and biochemical assays. Knowledge of complex cell-based models is a plus.
3. General understanding of the pharma/biotech drug development workflow.
4. Experience developing and marketing life science products to pharma/biotech customers.
5. Experience with new product development processes including product launch and commercialization.
6. Experience working in a global organization with international branches and/or distributors.
1. Ability to use computer and telecommunications equipment.
2. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to move boxes up to 25 pounds.
4. Ability to travel as needed, domestic and international.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.