JOB OBJECTIVE: Lead projects to successful conclusion while following industry best practices and department specific approaches.
Please take some time to visit https://www.promega.com/responsibility to find out what makes Promega such a unique and dynamic place to work.
1. General Project Management - Plan and direct cross-functional project teams across internal and external sites to implement key strategic or tactical initiatives. Create project charters, work plans, schedules, budgets, issue logs, and risk management plans. Direct multidisciplinary teams to complete project objectives in a timely and efficient manner. Establish and manage roles, responsibilities, and deliverables of project team members. Establish resource plans to assure adequate staffing for successful delivery of project goals. Perform project closure and lead post project reviews.
2. Specific IT Project Management – Lead and direct project team (business staff, developers, engineers, technicians) to complete project objectives in a timely and efficient manner. Direct other IT staff in requirement definition, vendor evaluation, vendor selection, installation, maintenance and on-going vendor relations for hardware and software packages. Interact with the user community to recommend and develop software systems with the goal of increasing administrative and operational productivity and improving access and quality of information. Participate in the design and implementation of Promega software and database standards.
3. Project Effectiveness – Design, implement, and maintain methods for measuring project effectiveness. Use project metrics to track and communicate project status. Implement recovery plans as required to maintain progress toward project goals. Implement continuous improvement through lessons learned.
4. Communication – Prepare presentations of findings, recommendations, specifications in reports and oral presentations. Provide regular updates of project status to project sponsors and stakeholders. Keeps team well informed on work issues. May also provide communication of issues and recommendations to mid-level to upper-level management sponsors and stakeholders
5. Conflict Resolution- Anticipate issues and resolve conflict in a constructive manner. Work around obstacles to ensure project success. Identify and address root cause.
6. Decision Making - Facilitate resolution and drive decisions across project teams, sponsors, functional managers, and upper management. Make decisions timely and efficiently.
7. Time Management – Manage several projects of varied complexity and timing simultaneously while maintaining priorities and addressing changing needs. Mentor and provide direction to others in setting priorities.
8. Teambuilding – Build and maintain an effective Promega project team for the long term. Maintain a positive culture that builds teamwork and encourages transparency with open communication.
9. Documentation - Follow existing Promega Corporation Quality System policies for data recording and record keeping. Create, complete, and maintain department and function specific documentation.
10. Follow all applicable company safety policies.
11. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
2. Provide updates, share best practices at departmental/ interdepartmental meetings.
1. Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (IT, Project Management, Business).
2. Project management certification through an accredited program -OR- PMP certification.
3. 10+ years of experience leading IT projects including complex projects as a Project Manager.
4. Proficient use of project management systems (e.g. Microsoft Project, Project Portfolio Management) and processes (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, PMBOK).
5. Manages well in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes in priorities and assignments.
1. Masters degree in Business or Project Management.
2. Experience working with SAP (or a large ERP package) and Microsoft environment.
3. ScrumMaster Certification.
1. Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally.
2. Ability to operate a computer.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.