JOB OBJECTIVE: Promega is looking for a Sr. Research Scientist to join our bioassay team. Leads design and development of innovative cell-based bioassay products. Works within multi-functional teams to promote creativity, innovation, collaboration, and quality. Must adhere to the highest standards of scientific integrity and performance. Involved in the scientific leadership of the company, i.e. management, mentoring, consensus building and/or act as technical expert in multiple areas of specialization. Apply scientific leadership to individual R&D Projects. Ability to execute and champion innovative research. Formulate an overall project strategy for experimental design in the context of experimental results and scientific literature. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, collaborators, and colleagues. Integrates novel ideas with corporate objectives and strategies.
1. Primary author for contributions to internal technical literature, abstracts, patents or journal articles.
2. Contribute to preparation or evaluation of patents.
3. Communicate problems, ideas and suggestions to appropriate person or group.
4. Direct others on a designated project.
5. Independently develop project plans and manage project time-lines.
6. Recognized as scientific expert in multiple areas of specialization and provide scientific leadership.
7. Ability to suggest novel and innovative approaches.
8. Work at bench.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. BS degree in a scientific discipline with 12+ years post graduate experience.
2. MS degree in a scientific discipline with 6+ years post graduate experience.
3. PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 0-3 years post graduate experience preferably in an industrial research and/or development environment.
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
3. Ability to operate a computer.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.