JOB OBJECTIVE: Write, edit and review web content, social media content, catalog content, articles, and promotional materials in support of Promega products and services.
1. Research and write scientific literature (including technical and promotional content) in support of Promega products. Scientific literature includes technical and feature articles, catalog content, social media posts and web content. Work with Lead Writers, Content Leads, or other subject matter experts to identify scope and content for writing projects.
2. Review and copyedit technical and promotional literature for clarity, style and compliance with voice and tone guidelines. Technical/Promotional literature includes technical manuals/protocols, certificates of analysis, technical articles, brochures, PowerPoint presentations and datasheets.
3. Coordinate routing and review of literature in compliance with Promega quality system document control requirements.
4. Learn and apply principles of writing for the web, promotional writing and writing for print media to communications projects as applicable. Understand and apply Promega voice and tone guidelines to scientific and technical content produced.
5. Learn the content architecture of the Promega web site. Write and publish web content using a content management system.
6. Proofread technical and promotional literature for style, content and consistency.
7. Manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, maintain complete and accurate records, and give regular reports on the status of projects.
8. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Attend and participate in courses appropriate for increasing job and career-related skills.
2. Travel off-site to attend tradeshows, meet customers, or participate in training as required.
1. MS or BS degree in Molecular Biology or a related field.
2. Journalism courses/experience writing about science for scientific or general audiences.
3. Thorough understanding of the English language, including grammar, accepted usage, spelling and style. Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to work efficiently and cooperatively as a team member and meet deadlines for completion of work.
5. Ability to use, or learn to use, a variety of software for content development.
6. Ability to independently manage workload, re-prioritizing work as necessary in an environment with multiple short-term deadlines and frequent interruptions.
1. Laboratory research experience.
2. Experience writing advertising/promotional materials.
1. Ability to read information from a variety of sources, including hand-written notes, pre-printed materials and documents on screen, and communicate with others using Promega's network software.
2. Ability to operate a computer and utilize software to accomplish required tasks as outlined above on a continuous daily basis during a normal workweek of 40–45 hours.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.