JOB OBJECTIVE: Develop content strategies and lead others in execution of content plans in support of product launches and marketing campaigns. Develop advertising, promotional and technical materials to support content plans.
1. Develop content strategies and content plans to support Marketing teams in planning communication tactics for product launches and advertising campaigns.
2. Lead product launch teams in the process of crafting messaging statements for marketing campaigns.
3. Provide content leadership to cross-functional Marketing Services teams supporting expanded product launches and marketing campaigns. Work with Project Specialists to develop and execute content plans in alignment with messaging hierarchies. Ensure understanding of team goals, project timelines and content purpose.
4. Work with lead designers to develop concepts for advertising and promotional materials. Collaborate with business units to create content that clearly communicates the desired messaging.
5. Research and write promotional materials and technical literature to support product launches.
6. Mentor scientific and technical writers. Support Lead Scientific Writers in strategy and content planning for basic and expanded product launches.
7. Review and evaluate content for compliance with desired message, voice, tone and style. Develop a clear understanding of Promega voice and tone, and develop expertise in applying the desired voice and tone to scientific, technical and promotional tactics.
8. Support the content needs for one or more strategic business units. Understand the scope of planned work for each assigned business unit and work with Project Specialists, management and assigned writers to plan execution of the work.
9. Understand and apply reader-centered copywriting principles and apply these to the creation of technical, scientific and promotional materials in support of product launches.
10. Lead specific processes/functions within Marketing Services (e.g., Adwords, Posters, eNews).
11. Coordinate routing and review of technical literature in compliance with Promega quality system document control requirements.
12. Understand and apply principles of clear, reader-centered writing to all communications. Understand principles of writing for the web, including search engine optimization of web content.
13. Fully understand the content architecture of the Promega web site. Write and publish web content using the content management system.
14. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Review and copyedit technical and promotional literature for clarity, style and compliance with voice and tone guidelines. Technical/Promotional literature includes technical manuals/protocols, certificates of analysis, technical articles, brochures, islides and datasheets.
2. Meet with customers to understand and identify their content-related needs.
3. Travel off-site to attend tradeshows, meet customers, or participate in training as required.
1. MS or BS degree in Molecular Biology or a related field. A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a scientific writing role.
2. At least 5 years’ experience creating promotional materials for scientists, either in biotechnology or a related industry.
3. Experience writing content for a variety of media, including web and social.
4. Strong understanding of the scientific basis of Promega products and services. Ability to gain in-depth understanding of the needs of specific customer segments served by all Promega business units.
5. Attention to detail.
6. Thorough understanding of the English language, including grammar, accepted usage, spelling and style. Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
7. Ability to build effective working relationships within Marketing Services and product launch teams in a project leadership role. Ability to work efficiently and cooperatively as a team member and meet deadlines for completion of work.
8. Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, maintain complete and accurate records, and give regular reports on the status of projects.
1. 2-3 years’ laboratory research experience.
2. Basic knowledge of html.
3. Journalism courses/experience writing about science for scientific or general audiences.
1. Ability to read information from a variety of sources, including hand-written notes, pre-printed materials and documents on screen, and communicate with others using Promega's network software.
2. Ability to operate a computer and utilize software to accomplish required tasks as outlined above on a continuous daily basis during a normal workweek of 40–45 hours.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.