JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide onsite support and training in collaboration with the North American Sales staff. The primary duty is to conduct Maxwell RSC, Spectrum CCE, Tecan HSM and MaxPrep instrument and application demonstrations/trainings in the customer laboratory while being recognized as the technical product expert for the above instruments and related applications.
Field Demo and Customer Training related duties:
1. Conduct Promega instrument demonstrations (Maxwell Instruments and Reagents, Tecan HSM, Spectrum CCE and MaxPrep) at the customer laboratoriy while being recognized as the technical product expert for the instrument and related applications. Provide technical advice, troubleshoot and provide product recommendations and solutions.
2. Partner with regional sales staff to answer questions regarding Promega instruments. Partner with corporate Technical Services to report customer feedback, report incidents and to collaborate to address customer inquiries. Provide Post support as needed.
3. Work cooperatively with Promega Sales, Field Support Engineers, Scientific Applications, Technical Services and Scientific Business Units to coordinate and schedule onsite demonstrations, customer trainings, and actively provide feedback regarding customer requirements, demo success, and general product/instrument improvements.
4. Work cooperatively with the Instrument Service team to communicate and record completed application training on Promega instrumentation.
1. Attend meetings and seminars, and support Promega Marketing and Sales by presenting technical application seminars, assisting with tradeshow activities and related.
2. Participate in corporate cross-functional teams by providing customer feedback and reporting product related information to help with new product development and marketing campaign activities.
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Customer service skills with a dedication to customer support.
2. Ability and willingness to maintain a travel schedule up to 65%, occasionally on short notice.
3. Well organized and able to prioritize workload and schedule, meet aggressive deadlines and work in an environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
1. BS/MS/PhD degree in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry or related life science area.
2. Minimum 2 years “at the bench” lab experience and proven knowledge and understanding of core applications in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry or related in a life science area or clinical setting.
3. Ability to discuss fundamentals, principles and technical theory of experimental design, techniques and results in a concise and professional manner.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicate with customers and staff via telephone, email and in person. Can write instructions and reports.
5. Computer experience using programs including, but not limited to, Windows, Word, Excel and others. In addition, ability to learn and use new programs as needed. Experience with Internet technology also desirable.
6. Experience with handling biological samples, some of which may be potentially infectious samples. Understanding of appropriate biosafety techniques.
7. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
1. Ability to deliver technical presentations, seminars and support materials for demonstrations and general product support.
1. Ability to use standard laboratory equipment.
2. Ability to wear safety equipment and follow safety guidelines while in the laboratory.
3. Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 lbs required.
4. Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
5. Ability to drive.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.