JOB OBJECTIVE: Position will support business units and global sales teams from a technical support standpoint. Ideal candidates will have experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academic, clinical setting using automated liquid handlers, nucleic acid purification, protein purification, performing compound screening, and cell culture.
The primary responsibly is to support standard and custom High Throughput (HT)
reagent evaluations in the customer laboratories while being recognized as the technical product expert for related applications. Provide technical advice, troubleshoot and recommend products and solutions. Experience scripting multiple automated liquid handling platforms, creating custom automated scripts for Promega reagent solutions is required.
Candidate will work out of Home. Preferably near a major Airport
Field related duties:
1. Utilize Tecan, Hamilton, Beckman or other HT liquid handling software and instrumentation expertise to create and develop custom automated scripts using Promega reagents in the customer laboratory or internally while being recognized as the technical product expert for the reagent application and instrument applications. This includes supporting and installation of developed, custom and validated Promega methods.
2. Execute the implementation of HT workflows and drive account management in conjunction with local Promega sales for high throughput reagent adaption. This includes technical reagent recommendation, creating custom automated workflows, customer training, method and reagent troubleshooting while focusing on customer requirements.
3. Customer Focus is required while partnering with Promega global sales and customers to answer technical questions regarding Promega products and technologies. Partner with corporate Technical Services to report customer feedback, report incidents and to collaborate to address customer inquiries. Provide remote and or onsite support (pre- and post-support) as needed. Will be responsible for presenting commercial materials around products and services (positioning, standardizing demos, competitor knowledge and how to handle demos and questions around these topics).
4. Collaborate effectively with Global Promega Sales and Scientific Business Units to coordinate and schedule onsite HT evaluations while actively providing feedback regarding customer requirements, demo success, product and workflow improvements and customer perceptions of competitor product offerings and how Promega products compare. Proactive engagement with customers and Global sales in onsite evaluation and technical meetings to refine existing and future products and services in conjunction with R&D, Scientific Applications and the product management team.
5. Core focus of FSS work will be driving and supporting HT workflows to support the integration of a Promega reagent when using an automated liquid handling instrument. HT reagents/workflows include processing different sample types for DNA/RNA/Plasmid/ccfDNA other nucleic acid purification workflows along with other Promega solutions in Cell Health and Viability, Protein Purification, Mass Spec, Human Identification and Molecular Diagnostics.
In-house and product application related duties:
1. Develop and execute custom automated liquid handling methods and workflows to drive feasibility experiments that confirms customer expectation and requirements using Promega products. This investigation can include requirements/concerns from the scientific business unit to commercialize HT workflows.
2. Generate laboratory data that contributes to the understanding of the technical challenges and benefits associated with reagents, instrumentation and device integration. Maintain clear and complete records of laboratory procedures and communicate results.
3. Collaborate effectively with all Promega departments, Global Branches and staff (Life Science Products and Services, Global Sales, Corporate Scientific Business Units, Corporate Technical Services, R&D, Scientific Applications and Training, Custom Order Department, Global Custom and OEM Solution Team, etc.) as required to support improvements in the design, application, sales and technical support of Promega products and processes.
4. Keep abreast of new technologies and stay current in reagent and instrument technical knowledge in order to provide recommendations and troubleshoot technical questions by customers. Provide information to customers in a positive, mindful and professional manner.
5. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Attend internal and external meetings, seminars and provide technical support to Promega Scientific Business Units and Global Sales by presenting seminars, assisting with tradeshow activities and related.
2. Evaluate and comment on products and related protocols in new product realization (NPR) as defined by the design control aspect of our quality system. Provide feedback to product teams as an internal field test when necessary.
3. Participate in corporate cross-functional teams by providing customer feedback and reporting product related information to help with new product realization and marketing campaign activities.
4. Provide product training to existing and newly hired employees as needed.
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Liquid Handling programmatic expertise, which requires custom script generation/optimization from manual workflows to liquid handling platforms while technically supporting liquid handling workflow both standard and custom solutions.
2. Comfortable presenting and speaking in front of large audiences with the ability to think quickly to effectively address customer questions.
3. Technical competency with the ability to stay current in technical knowledge as related to Promega products and liquid handling instrumentation and software.
4. Customer Focus skills with a dedication and passion to support customers in the field.
5. Excellent problem-solving and listening skills.
6. Well organized and able to prioritize workload and schedule, manage multiple projects, meet aggressive deadlines and work in an environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
1. BS/MS/PhD degree in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry or related life science area.
2. Expertise using laboratory equipment and liquid handling instrumentation and software as necessary.
3. Minimum 10 years at the bench industry lab experience and proven knowledge and understanding of core applications in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry, nucleic acid purification in a life science, pharmaceutical, academic or clinical setting. Liquid Handling Instrumentation and integrated solution experience.
4. Prior experience in a position requiring customer interaction/focus and product support within the life science, pharmaceutical or clinical industry (Reagent and Liquid Handling applications, Technical Service, Sales, Marketing, Product Management).
5. Ability to discuss fundamentals, principles and technical theory of experimental design, techniques and describe results in a concise, technical and professional manner.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicate with customers and staff via telephone, email, Skype and in person. Can write detailed instructions and reports effectively.
7. Computer experience using programs including, but not limited to, EVOware, Venus, BindIt, Biomek, Fluent Controls, epBlue, Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. In addition, ability to learn and use new programs as needed.
8. Experience with handling biological samples, some of which may be potentially infectious samples. Understanding of appropriate biosafety techniques.
9. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
10. Ability to create and deliver technical presentations, seminars and support materials for demonstrations and general product support. Previous teaching or technical training a plus.
11. Proven ability to lead and contribute intellectually to team-directed, multi-disciplinary projects.
12. Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
13. Deep customer knowledge and relationships with stakeholders and key business leaders.
14. Able to speak German and English proficiently.
1. Ability to use standard laboratory equipment.
2. Ability to wear safety equipment and follow safety guidelines while in the laboratory.
3. Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 lbs. required.
4. Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
5. Ability to drive.
6. Ability and willingness to maintain a travel schedule up to 50%, occasionally on short notice.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.